Elise-Shop / Theirlert Complaint

I ordered a satin black cam cover and oil filler cap for my Exige from Elise-Shop/Theilert on the 16th of January.The order confirmation I received said that I would receive my items within 7-10 days.The confirmation said, that if I hadn’t received the items within 10 days that I should call.After 2 weeks, at my expense, I called Germany to find out where my order had got to.They said that the items would be dispatched within a week or two.I still don’t have the items.1. I’m unhappy that I’ve had to wait (at least) 7 weeks for my items to arrive that were supposed to be delivered in 1-2 weeks.2. I’m unhappy that Elise-Shop/Theilert haven’t had the courtesy to contact me regarding late delivery of my order (hell, if something is a DAY late, Amazon E-mail you out of courtesy)I’ve already expressed my disatisfaction to Elise-Shop, but thought the product-buying community should be aware of the service I have received. Caveat Emptor

That’s pretty bad [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image] I hate to rub it in, but Nick Whale Sports Cars had those bits in stock when I got my car, so I had them fitted straight away without any hassle. Why did you order them from Germany? It seems a long way to get them delivered. Are they cheaper there?

I ordered the decal set about err umm about 4-5 weeks ago. Nothing. Have emailed Thomas a couple of times and he just says they’re waiting for a delivery from Lotus. They don’t appear to have taken the money of my visa card yet though.

They p*ssed me around a couple of months ago so i cancelled the order. They seem a bit of a buck shop

Like a muppet, I thought these were aftermarket items not available elsewhere, and didn’t realise they were Lotus parts [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/image]

well, well david, you should always ask the panel first… we could have told you…he-he…

[image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image] You’re not gonna believe this - my decal set was sitting on the doormat when I got home this evening!! Well I’m happy now anyway, but won’t be ordering from them again.

I think that the main problem is that one can never tell when to expect parts from Lotus ! I ordered through several companys, and always there was a problem when parts had to come from Lotus-factory !The onely comp. that sent parts imediately was Thielert though! So, don’t blame the retailers, it’s Lotus you cannot trust on parts delivery times.

quote:Originally posted by Bob van Melzen:So, don’t blame the retailers, it’s Lotus you cannot trust on parts delivery times.No, you’re wrong. My order is with the retailer, not their supplier.If the retailer says they will deliver by a given date, that’s what I expect.If they cannot deliver on that date, I expect them to tell me that they’ve been let down by their suppliers (in this case Lotus)But for them to know that they’re being let down by their suppliers, and not have the decency to contact their customers is BAD BUSINESS, anyway you look at it.

You’r right, they should tell you if they cannot keep their promised delivery time. I am not defending any retailers, but I think that it is difficult if your supplier lets you down time after time, and you onely know after the promised time has passed (again).And be honest, would you buy from anybody who tells you that he does not know when he can deliver ?But Yes, if that is the case, they should tell you so . By experience I know by now that parts from Lotus have no realistic delivery time, so it’s a nice surprise when they finally arrive, and you can drive your Lotus again.Bob van Melzen

I’ve seen a request on a German BBS from Thomas Olsson @ Elise shop asking for inputs on an improved elise shop.He also confirmed that order tracking is one of the major improvements that should be on-line.From my experience, I ordered some original Lotus parts and it got delayed time after time, even up to a point where Lotus didn’t even confirm them anymore [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image] Basically, a dealer just doesn’t know when the ordered parts will arrive, so even if they have this tracking system on-line, you will see the order beeing shifted out every week by another week… Yes they should have informed you, no it’s not their fault (I’m a sales guy, I guess working with a company called Lotus wouldn’t make me happy!)Oh… and there is this possibility to be happy with Thielert: http://www.lotus-elise.nl >Mods>Tuning

gosh, david, you got yourself right into a bit of a mess. now you have got the whole THIELERT customer bunch in your neck…you got even mentioned in a GERMAN forum he-he…I can see it, all this lot invading england and search for somebody called the admin…keep hiding…

And I still don’t have the FU-CKING things.Grr(sorry about the language, but that’s 2-3 months now…)

erm… I got mine weeks ago from lotus…hope that does cheer you up…

Sorry David,but I bought a satin black “Exige” logo cam cover “off the shelf” at Nick Whale’s last Monda, when I called in whilst in Brum. Unfortunately (for anyone else) it was the last one they had in stock.

He, Bruno,you might be right, get your Dad’s Army act together ! You’r lucky that you have onely rain, otherwise we would have been there already. Well, maybe next summer holyday…