Elise Cup 250

After 12 years of S2 Exige ownership, I have to report that I have put an order into the factory for an Elise Cup 250.
It has been a really difficult decision since I love my Exige so much. It is part of me, and I am part of it. But with 77k miles I felt it was perhaps time to move on.
I have fitted some interior comfort features such as footwell lighting, trickle charge point, storage pockets, and usb ports, all of which I will have to go through again but at least I won’t have to agonise about fitting a supercharger.
I hope you will see the Cup 250 as a natural successor to a n/a Exige and allow me to stay on exiges.com. Colour has been the most difficult decision.
Entry in for sale section coming soon

Congratulations Steve, great choice. What colour did you go for, or are you not at the point yet?

I’m certain you will always be welcome here, I’ve had my Evora since 2012 and still post and attend exiges.com events. Long may it continue :smiley:

Great choice Steve, always welcome mate! Same colour?

I keep thinking about these too! They do look good. Pics when you get it Steve.

Cheers,
Kurt

Well done and a great choice, I owned mine for 10 years before I sold up and I’ve still been welcome here and I now drive a Clio!
Did miss owning a Lotus though so we now have an S1 Elise as a fun Sunday car :slight_smile:

Elise cup 250 is the natural replacement for the S2 Exige. S3 I Exige is a different car.

Of all the current Lotus range, this is the car that appeals to me too tbh.

Great choice Steve :clap:

I love the cup 250 but have so far resisted the temptation to drive one as I know I will want one :slight_smile:

Still one of my favourite pictures

Great pic - says many things that are great about Lotus ownership :thumbup:

You’ve sold it because the police in so many countries know it :wink:

Congratulations! That’s a lovely car and definitely the logical replacement :slight_smile: Hope to see you in it soon. More trips!

Echoing my post on Nyloc, congratulations.As others have said, always welcome here.

I guess I need to announce the colour, though this aspect (apart from the price) is what has given me the most angst. :crazy:
I always feel a Lotus should be a colour that stands out. Autumn Gold does that because it is almost unique, and therefore I felt I needed to have something unusual.

I did consider staying the same colour but surely one needs to move on. I very nearly went for Vivid Green (look it up if you don’t know it) so took a trip to the factory to see what was there. I must have seen 100 cars in construction or complete, and ended choosing a colour that was not there and that I have not seen in the flesh :open_mouth:

This is what I chose (in this case on an Exige rather than an Elise) It’s called Fire Red
DL2.jpg

Nice colour choice, congrats.

Fab colour. I should be able to see you from the back of the convoy . . . :unamused:

Great colour choice Steve :slight_smile:

Looks great and a grown up colour. Says the owner of a mustard yellow Exige.

Good colour choice Steve

Wow!!

THAT LOOKS GOOD.

Great colour.

To be seen on a mountain pass in the Alps soon (well September anyway) :wink: