Elan 26 GTS

It’s been a while since I posted on this and there has only been modest progress, in the main due the the expense of the build.
I have many trinkets sourced from ebay for the dash/doors etc but the meat and bones are being purchased too.
The chassis is a TTR one which has had a 3 stage powder coat with a zinc protection layer.

Here are the wishbones and ARB and other bits before going off to the nickel platers.

Couldn’t resist putting the diff in.

Off to TTR in the next few weeks. I find it incredible to think that all I need to do to get all the parts I need for the rear quarters and drive train is to assume a relaxed posture with my clothing around my ankles.

Ha ha Graeme brilliant mate. You crack me up buddy. Get this on… :clap:

Isn’t this what he was complaining about in his final comment?

Lovely thing.

Crack on!

EFA

Who supplied the chassis Graeme, doesn’t look like the one I got from TTR…

That’s because it’s painted nicely and not rotting in a freight container!
I actually got it from Dave Hughes but it is a TTR one, confirmed by Eddie Thompson. This one has the high diff mounting . I’m not sure how long they’ve been doing that. What else looks different?

Diff support strengtheners not fitted. Some brackets/ bracing on sides of chassis with a hole in them

Progress

You are a bad man Dr Brown!!!
I will find you… :smiley:

:clap:

You actually know where I live, just ring the bell.

We have some colour

now that looks good, we need more progress pictures :wink:

Exactly what Ade said. I know nothing about these cars so be interesting to see!

Looking forward to the 2022 post on the cage fitted. I’m literally holding my breath :silent: :smiley:

OK Jonny, keep breath holding, the cage isn’t in yet.

That is going to look to good to drive :smiley:

Now 10mph faster down the Kemmel straight