edwards front splitter

i know a few of you have had this fitted my question is whats it like on the road ? is it to low ? my comute to work entails going over various different speed humps will i just end up ripping it off ? and how does the number plate fix to the front do you have to remove the original plate bracket?

I’ve only had a couple of problems with mine. It went bang and got ripped off coming off the ferry, waved off too quickly (this was exiting on return journey!!).
It does touch on steep inclines and very extreme speed bumps (more so now I am running slightly lower profile tyres on the front).

Number plate was easy, I fitted it in the passenger footwell.

Number plate was easy, I fitted it in the passenger footwell.

LOL -

I have scrapped mine once on a speed bump, it clears better if you take them at an angle.

My plate is fitted above, could ckeck tonight to see how its been done ( the splitter was already fitted when I bought the car)

if you can thanx
has anyone got a photo of a front splitter with a number plate attached?

Its a bit bent at speed as a couple more fixing needed - will get around to it one day … shows there is some force on it as its not so bad standing still - also see MarkA at spa thread.

Oh and the plate is not regulation size and is velroed to the plinth …

Rox - now you can see the stone chips

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/AndrewDovey/split.jpg[/image]

thanx andy it really isnt too much lower i wonder if i can leave the original plate holder as it not that thick

Sorry Russ I forgot.

Mine still has a full size plate using the original bracket.

thanx andy it really isnt too much lower i wonder if i can leave the original plate holder as it not that thick

I did until it finally fell of after K1 at the 'ring, it had worn right through one of the brackets