EasyTrack - avoid

Paul,Thanks for the nice comments, however not wanting to be pedantic but our event at Silverstone went live about 2 weeks prior to Easytrack’s. There are currently just 55 people booked on our event on Wednesday, which will be running in 2x30 minute sessions per hour. Also, regarding the variety of circuits, we have the biggest selection of venues out of all of the Track Day Organisers, so not sure I understand your comments there?cheers,Jonny5BaT

Jonny,I think together with Gold Track you guys win hands off, particular if you go with the open pit lane format. In respect to Paul’s comments I think we all want more tracks but I agree you do offer most tracks just not often enough, particular weekends. Can you add Snetterton?TEE

isnt’ snetterton a poor mans hethel, without the weekend availability, in the same neck of the woods?j5

I had a crap time earlier this year with Easytrack at Oulton Park - maybe foolishly I’m booked for Monday’s trackday with them at Silverstone - so I’ll let you know how it goes.I have always had first class times with BAT, only problem with them is the lack of variety of circuits and dates (they added the Silverstone one after I had booked with Easytrack).If you like Elvington, Goodwood and Anglesey, you are OK. Hethnel, Goodwood and Bruntingthorpe are no goes if you have 190 kits and SS exhausts - due to the noise limits.I’d love to support BAT more, but when I emailed them re other dates (Brands, Oulton & Croft) I didn’t get any response.It maybe an idea to get together with an Elise forum and arrange some specific events with Jonny and his team.

Sorry for the duplicate posting - several hours apart - Honest it was my browser having a moment.On the choice element Jonny what can you do to get us on Croft, Brands, more dates at Donny.You know how fickle customers can be and its difficult be all things to all men. Not helping with the noise our toys make.

Paul,Dates always appear at Donny Park as the year goes on. Cadwell we may be visiting again later in the year.The issue with noise is one that you exige chaps need to get sorted. Venues are getting stricter by the week on noise, and it seems a massive shame not to be able to use the exige in it’s finest environment.Jonny

Never a truer word said! [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image]

The replacement exhaust I had from Haydon’s was made with some extra baffles. Does it suck power? Possibly. Does it read 91/92db at 4500? Yes. Not expensive either.

Matthew, I had my noise test on Monday, it registered at 97db, compared to 102db on saturday’s test. Seems the density of air has a great effect on the levels. Sat was overcast, not about 18 degrees; Monday 22 degrees sunny. reminded me not to take the last db level as a definitive measurement for my car.

I’ve done a load of track days with both Easy Track and Bokatrack this year and they’ve ALL been bl**dy brilliant.Give credit where credits due - don’t bitch about it after the event online, sort it out on the day.

MikeI think you’re swimming against the tide [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/wink.gif[/image]It seems to me that the people who had “complaints” tried to sort them as soon they could, but got no real satisfaction.I’ve never driven on an Easytrack day, but I have spectated/passengered at quite a few (4 or 5 I think)at Oulton. Each time - too many cars & no guarantee that you would get on track in your designated session. This is in stark contrast to the excellent days (in terms of numbers, briefings, organisation & friendliness) run by Jonny & the Bookatrack team - credit where credit is due.I have no “connection” with Bookatrack, other than being a very satisfied customer.No offence meant, you’re still my buddy [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image]

D’OH!!

Kam, Thanks for that, it definitely sounds like a factor as mine was taken last Friday at 28C!

Just to throw my two pennies worth in !Did my first track day yesterday with easytrack @ Silverstone.If I allow for the fact that whatever happened it would have to be serious to spoil my first day ona track with my car I have to say that many of the comments running through this thread do sound very familiar !!The day was late getting started due to the orginisers MATES being late arriving and this had a knock on affect to the whole morning.The day was split into 6 sessions of 20 mins a group.The groups were not graded at all, this led to some intresting moments in the various corner complexs around the circuit !Although they were prepared to go on ‘ad in finitum’ about half open windows and short sleeves all day every five minutes (It was 35F in the pits) I was treated with near contempt when I complained about an Evo7 which would not pull over and let me pass and spent 4 out of my 5 laps sat behind affectively ruining one of my sessions.(I learned later that it was owned by a friend of one of the organisers).Listening to Pesky, Russ etc they seem to really enjoy their BAT days, I have to say that I felt that Easytrack was very much about a good day for a close circle of people (Who were allowed to go out when they felt like it and do what they wanted on track) and every body else was just a source of income !!Roll on my first day with BAT at Angelesey in September.Yogi

Shame Yogi, a few miles north of you I was enjoying a great day at Donington with OnTrack (through EVO mag). Well run, friendly, not too many cars. I passed a load of EasyTrack people on the way there.The EVO bods made it fun between sessions with fast laps. Phil Bennett (BTCC nutter) enjoyed everything they had there well beyond their limits of grip. He moved on to a new Vectra before deciding he may kill somebody under braking! They even lent me a STi Scooby for a few laps.Only the R500s and slick shod cars were quicker than the Exige.Ian [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]