Early or later car?

Just looking at my options here, any thoughts on the early S2 Exiges or is it worth going for a later car with ABS, fly by wire throttle, TC etc?

Thanks in advance!

All S2 Exiges have ABS

All S2 Exiges have ABS

Ooops… but that’s interesting, so what’s the big improvment from '06? A couple of people have advised that’s the route to go down.

They improved the brake pedal feel/position to allow easier heel toeing
LED rear lights

Just little things main thing is to find a car that has had not too hard a life

Much is determined by your budget, how much do have to spend ?

Much is determined by your budget, how much do have to spend ?

Good question! Well, I’ve got an S1 to px and I’m not 100% sure what that’s worth on trade in, that said I guess I’m looking somewhere �20-�25k. Obviously the �20k end appeals as it’s a real 2nd car situation… but I want a well looked after car.

Well, I’ve got an S1 to px

Exige or Elise?

Exige or Elise?

Elise

Exige or Elise?

Elise

Calm down now Pesky, he’s not trading in an old exige for a new one… nothing to see here…

Calm down now Pesky, he’s not trading in an old exige for a new one… nothing to see here…

Yep, it’s a trade of an Elise for an Elise Coupe - of absolutely no interest to me!

Yep, it’s a trade of an Elise for an Elise Coupe - of absolutely no interest to me!

Ha ha, touche!

[/quote]

Me neither, there’s no provision for cup holders in an Elise.

That aside any thoughts on things like brake pedal feel or anything Lotus forgot to sort in the earlier S2s?

I owned a 05 car and have driven a number of newer cars T/C etc are nice to haves rather than must haves. I also had the peddles adjusted on my car which sorted the majority of the issue so I would say bag a bargain and save your money for trackdays and petrol.