E Tyres

Really bizarre one.
Plans recommend Eagle F1 (205/225) for the Exige.

Just ordered them through Etyres online who then called back to say they won’t fit them as it would be dangerous According to Etyres the only tyres they will fit to an Exige are the A048s (which they can’t get).

Bloody madness!

I have the eagle f1s, fitted by plans, currently on my s2. so they do fit.

It’s an odd way to do business. They seem to call up the manufacturer and ask what tyres they should fit. You would have thought it was up to me what tyres I wanted on my car. The logic behind saying the F1s would be more dangerous than A048s in the winter is amazing. I guess the bloke at the Cambridge franchise doesn’t know what he’s doing.

I have the eagle f1s, fitted by plans, currently on my s2. so they do fit.

Forgot to ask, but what sizes did you go for?

Cheers

They seem to call up the manufacturer and ask what tyres they should fit

I suspect they call up their tyre distributor, who looks it up in a book to see what tyres are fitted by the car manufacturer as standard, and anything else is deemed ‘dangerous’. Litigation fears I guess.

not exactly sure of the sizes off the top of my head, however it was the sizes plans recomended which i believe are exactly the same as the ao48 rears but i believe the fronts are slightly wider. im happy with them as they make the ride better on the road and are good the wet.

What a complete bunch of arse. An OEM cannot specifcy a single brand of replacement part, its against EU law. Anyway, at this time of year you should be running the winter Pirelli option anyway, tell E tyres to go and find a set of those (and stick them up their @¿½%.