DVLA will release your address - problem?

Previous keeper details

If you are the current keeper you can get information about any earlier keepers on application. You should write to: Vehicle Record Enquiries, Vehicle Customer Services, DVLA, Swansea SA99 1AJ quoting the registration number of the vehicle and giving the reasons for your request. A fee of �5 is payable.

Release of another vehicle�s keeper details

You can obtain the name and address of the registered keeper of a vehicle if you can show reasonable cause for needing the information.

Members of the public will need to complete form V888. Companies can either complete form VQ3 or apply in writing giving full details of the reason for the enquiry and the vehicle registration mark. Both forms are available from DVLA.

The fee for information at a specific date of event is �2.50 per vehicle. If further information is required, for instance, a copy of a document or additional keeper information, a fee of �5 is required per vehicle.

Send your application to: Vehicle Record Enquiries, Vehicle Customer Services, DVLA, Swansea SA99 1AJ.

It is an offence to unlawfully obtain personal data which is contrary to Section 55 of the Data Protection Act 1998. Unlimited fines in the Crown Court (or to a maximum of �5,000 in the Magistrates Court) exist as penalties in respect of these offences.

e.g. road rage incident… someone jots your reg down… fills in the form pretending to be a bailiff… gets your address… and kills you

hmmm… not exactly reassuring…

Nothing has changed, been like that for years.

So if I see a gorgeous bird driving an Exige can i get her details from the DVLA???

But Fiona’s alread registered on here.

But Fiona’s alread registered on here.

LOL!!!

exigeboy

what exactly do you feel the problem is

umm… e.g. road rage incident… someone jots your reg down… fills in the form pretending to be a bailiff… gets your address… and kills you

paranoia ??

umm… e.g. road rage incident… someone jots your reg down… fills in the form pretending to be a bailiff… gets your address… and kills you

If they’ve had time to note my reg. down after an incident chances are they’ve probably had time to follow me anyway so I don’t see it as a problem. You’re more likely to just meet a random nutter on the streets or on a train than through anything as premeditated as this imo.

Some “organised team of scroats” receives an order for an Exige, spots you, notes your reg, finds out your address, and relieves you of the car.

Happened to one of my directors last Winter with his SL55 AMG.

Some “organised team of scroats” receives an order for an Exige, spots you, notes your reg, finds out your address, and relieves you of the car.

I think the chances of them finding the AMG via the DVLA is zero. More likely they have an internal contact at the DVLA or the Police to get that info. Or simply followed him home.

uh or simply paid the �2.50 and did exactly as described in the original post??

I think the chances of them finding the AMG via the DVLA is zero. More likely they have an internal contact at the DVLA or the Police to get that info. Or simply followed him home. [/quote]

Nope - that’s what they did; the Police knew about the gang and the way that they were operating. They didn’t know for certain that they were obtaining the information in that particular way, but they knew the info was coming from the DVLA’s records (due to two errors in the DVLA database about the registered addresses of cars that had their garage’s broken into and nothing taken, apparently as the cars that were found in the garages weren’t what the DVLA’s database had them listed as).

Okay, so we now know that any scumbag can pay a couple of quid & find out the address of the registered owner of a car whose number they have noted.

I think I’ll put false plate on my car from now on … yeah right

priva plate:
http://www.optionalextras.co.uk/ppreview2.html

Exigeboy

Sorry, I just can’t understand the point you’re getting at in this thread. The “system” enables registered owners to be linked to a specific car, if a small fee is paid. Some cars “may” get nicked as a result, but they were probably “targets” anyway, simply because of the type of car.

Will the powers that be want to/be pressured to change the present “system” - will they hell!

more likely to come round and rip out your a/c and park assist - tell the truth…that’s what you are really frightened of

you got me