Duratec conversion

I heard that Geary is doing a Duratec conversion using the original gearbox.Has anyone else heard about it?

I think there’s more on SELOC but a search on here should uncover some discussion from last year.

Out of interest, if you come across what the costs ended up being I’d be grateful if you could post it.

Cheers, Ian

Brian Drought is ya man, he logs on here too so I’d expect him to be about at some point.

He’s been working with Geary AFAIK and has the Duratec in his Elise so will have more details than us

Brian Drought is ya man, he logs on here too so I’d expect him to be about at some point.

He’s been working with Geary AFAIK and has the Duratec in his Elise so will have more details than us

Over on the British-cars bbs Geary says that the conversion will be available next week 6k + VAT for a basic spec.

What do you want to know?

brian

does it bolt onto the PG1 gearbox ?? shoorley not ??

Yup… uses the PG1.

Works just fine :slight_smile:

I thought the PG1 had a fairly restricting torque capability ?.. can’t remember what the numbers were but i guessed that the Duratec could be mod’d to get up to its limit pretty easily ? misguided ??

Well the TT260 cars seem to run OK and AFAIK Bri has done 30,000 miles on the duratech without any worries…

Hmmmm.

That’s been done to death.

SELOC THREAD

I think Mark is right, I believe we’ve done it before too. Try a search.

Ian

Mark & IDG…

Oh no… tripped over more over sensitive stuff ahh well…I don’t want anyone to get emotive about this but I can’t believe you guys made me read thru’ all that bloomin stuff to find out that a wee scotsman not too far from here knows a lot about this subject, and that the PG1 is rated to 210Nm (which is just under 160 ftlbs) with a boggo standard duratec coming in around 170Nm ??

boogers… i could have been in bed an hour ago…

but then the TT cars have more and all the boxes have been fine :wink:

agreed Brian… it was just my initial reaction because i’d had a feeling… and i wanted to better understand the numbers…

…I can’t believe you guys made me read thru’ all that bloomin stuff…

Hey, I only said I remembered discussing it, but not all the number!

Ian