Dry as the Gobi Desert!

Probably another one of my totally inane questions, with the answer completely obvious to everyone but me, but here goes-The windscreen washer reservoir in the front storage/bonnet area has run dry. Every time I fill it up, it emptys straight on to the driveway - it’s like something out of Laurel & Hardy!Is there some secret method of filling it up that has eluded me?Free pint of Guiness to the first non-insuting reply!ThanksMike

Mike,This happened to me the first time I went to fill mine! My wife and her visiting friend had real larf I can tell you! The reservoir sits on a bracket right down in the front nearside of the clam immediately behind the headlight (air-con cars only). It simply jumps of the bracket and the connecting pipes aren’t long enough to stay in place (they are a push fit).As I was still learning the car I struggled with the radiator cowelling to get it back in place. You benefit from my expereience by knowing that the easy way to fix it is to remove the road wheel and wheelarch liner. While you’re in there you might think about making it more secure somehow ( a webbing strap perhaps?). I got the dealer to sort mine out at the first service. I haven’t had a problem with it since (although I cannot remeber when I last tried to fill it!)HTHMike[This message has been edited by 83man (edited 26 February 2002).]

Has anybody else noticed but every reply to a ‘how to’ question starts with…remove road wheel and wheel liner.I’ve got a V12 ‘E’ type and every chapter in the workshop manual starts with… disconnect battery and remove engine! Does this provide some sort of clue as to where the designer started his drawing?

Mike x 2"Good things come to he who waits".Top of the mornin’ to you both [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/wink.gif[/image]

turn the car upside down and pour the car into the bottle.No wait… that doesnt work!Errrm… funnel? Bri

quote:Originally posted by bdrought:turn the car upside down and pour the car into the bottle.No wait… that doesnt work!Errrm… funnel?So that’s why you’ve got that surname [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/wink.gif[/image]

Pesky, you are, without doubt, the funniest chap online to-day!