Driveshaft and brake pipe come together !

Anyone found the RH ( longer ) driveshaft hitting the chassis AND the brake pipe that runs along it ? Seems mine does … looks like a real pain to change the pipe as well [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image]What do you reckon I include this in my letter about rubbing out front WAL’s and squashed oil cooler pipes ( against the air con receiver/dryer )that Lotus are about to get ? - al sort of dangerous I think …Then again last time I tried to get a reasonable answer from an auto manufacturer ( Land Rover) the “Customer Services” prat said "I was abusing his human rights " and put the phone down …

I thought this was part of the recent recall letter that had been sent out…its included in other posts on this site…somewhere

SteveThe recall for the brake pipe check, concerned aircon cars - acid spillage from battery could corrode the brake pipe in the front compartment. In air con cars, the battery sits higher in the compartment, than in non aircon cars.PS Have you upgraded the rear toe links, now that you are running on slicks?

quote:Originally posted by Pesky:StevePS Have you upgraded the rear toe links, now that you are running on slicks?Thaks for info on brake pipe…thought I had seen separate posting on the problem mentioned though…will dig deeper.Done nothing with toe links yet as I dont believe it is absolutely necessary…wheels come off very regularly and Im keeping a close check for any signs of damage - none so far…However, Im interested in having a look at your upgrade in this area together with your engine cover struts…