Drift Day - October 5th

For those who fancy something a little bit different (& probably not in your Exige!), Tracksport have a Drift Day at Oulton Park. (�99 for half day, or �169 for fullday). I believe that there will be two different courses operating at the same time, & everyone will spend time on each.

Details are not yet on the website http://www.tracksport.co.uk , but can be obtained by either phoning their office on 01270 666500 or Graeme on 07976 726351

I understand that a well known “racing driver”, will be chucking his S2 Exige around, so should be quite a laugh (I’m hoping he’ll let me take the Gaylardy round, sans ESP )

Whats the ideal cheap car for this ?? I reckon a 1987-88 bmw 325i sport

Chris

Something with rear wheel drive, obviously, but I don’t think it needs much power, cos I believe that the tarmac is kept permanently wet, & any debris from running off is swept away.

Something like a Mazda MX5 would be ideal, & Tracksport will have them available for hire on the day.

The Beemer 5 series is quite a big mota, can you get your hands on a 3 series?

Sounds like it’ll be a fun day

I’m no expert - the only event I attended being the TunerGP last weekend, but it would appear any RWD shed will do although the weapon of choice is a 200SX.

Example of RWD Shed
[image]tsuphoto.com - tsuphoto Resources and Information.

Example of a 200SX or whatever the Jap import versions are called …Nissan Nancyboy or summat??
[image]tsuphoto.com - tsuphoto Resources and Information.

Benja et Al

Sorry, I should have said above that the drifting will be on Oulton’s Rallycross circuit, not the normal racetrack. The Rallycross circuit has some pretty tight bends, so big power is not required !!!

Whats the ideal cheap car for this ?? I reckon a 1987-88 bmw 325i sport

“The Beemer 5 series is quite a big mota, can you get your hands on a 3 series?”

I believe he can

Hey Andy, isn’t it a bit unfair to pick on old people?!

Ian