Don't shoot me.....

I’m only asking the question… where on the S2 do the wise ones on here plug in their TOM TOM or Garmin’s for journeys over 2 hours or into Europe !
It never occured to me that the S2 did’nt have a fag lighter (non smoker me’self) - so is there a nifty little thread somewhere revealing these secrets.

I tried a search but to no avail

My S1 has a lighter socket… told you you should have got an S1

Thats the sort of response I would expect from an S1 owner…

There is a power socket in my S2. Trying to remember where it is though. It is just in front of the housing for the gearlever IIRC.

I’ve been in a few S2’s but looking for a lighter socket was not top of the priority list at the time (working out how to ‘get in and get out’ was I seem to remember).

I have some video somewhere of the wife ‘trying’ to get of of Gavins Chrome Orange S2 (No 95) with the racing seat - legs akimbo, make’s good viewing…

I have some video somewhere of the wife ‘trying’ to get of of Gavins Chrome Orange S2 (No 95) with the racing seat - legs akimbo, make’s good viewing…

Bung it on YouTube, & post a link!

Its between the seats on the centre console by the rear bulkhead on my 06 “S” probably the same on yours…

Now where is the video???

Its between the seats on the centre console by the rear bulkhead on my 06 “S” probably the same on yours…

Now where is the video???

More to the point, where was I at this time??

Yep, lighter socket is between the seats, you’ll probably find though that you dont have enough extension on the power cable to get to the screen or if you do it will be taught and forever pull the plug out teh socket…Typical LOTUS…

I had this problem with my Gatso detector - bought a lighter socket from halfords and had it wired to the ignition within the steering column console, plugged the lead in and fed it up past the dash at the windscreen - jobs a good’un!

Having the lead stretched across the car from between the seats just wasn’t an option!

Buy a Garmin

The power socket is between the seats, on the bulkhead. My sat nav power lead reaches from there to the r/h corner of the windscreen no probs

So does my tomtom one and it has a battery too

It was at Snetterton during that ‘very hot’ day and your car was parked up in the garage, you were probably hiding up away from the chasing papparazi…

It was at Snetterton during that ‘very hot’ day and your car was parked up in the garage, you were probably hiding up away from the chasing papparazi…

Ahh yes, Gemma…

Always chasing me but never for the right reason.

Bung it on YouTube, & post a link!

After mentioning this to the wife, she is up for it ‘as long as it’s not rude’…
IT is not my strong point, buy I shall try and sort something out

I hard-wired my garmin charger into the igntion, with just a couple of inches of cable protruding from the base of the windscreen.
Some more discussion here:

CLICKY