Donnington track day - Sunday 5th June

Anyone going to Donnington for the trackday on Sunday? If so come and say Hi!!

Sean…

I might get down in the morning for a look - can we get in to watch for nowt (I’m from Yorkshire you see)

There’s never usually a problem like that on a trackday. Only if you want to drive or be a passenger do things need to happen.

Sean is worth a watch too!

Ian

Had a good day at Donnington today.

The new rear hubs I fitted as part of the brake kit have altered the rear geometry as the relationship between the bottom ball joint and out toe link mounts are different, so the car wasn’t as “chuckable” and confidence inspiring as it usually is, but it is being all set up again next Friday at Plans!!

I had a MAJOR off at Craners, I was flat in 5th at 7,800rpm (124mph) and it just got away from me, I hit the gravel trap backwards at about 100mph which certainly focused my attention and three of us spent the next hour emptying a small driveways worth of gravel out of the bloody thing. The only other issue I had was my Quaife gearbox blowing oil out of the breather onto the rear left tyre, which made for a couple of interesting moments, but I will be piping the breather into the catch tank this week, so that will sort that. With all that in mind I was happy with the 1.23’s I was doing.

Good to meet Mhaney in his equaly cool coloured beastie!!!

Sean…

Good to hear your report Sean… also extremely good (as ALWAYS) to hear about the work you’ve done on brakes and stuff… lets see some pics - what’s this strap you mention and i’d like to see the rose-joint you mention on the lower ball-joint at the rear.

Really glad you escaped major incident or damage with your offfff – what a way to go tho’ sounds like you were going for it… I guess (please tell me i’m right… ) you were on the National Cct today ?

I only managed an hour but it was great to see Sean and the motor in action! He releived me of some folding in exchange for his old ally belled discs - these will be fitted under the cover of darkness - she will never know

Here is Sean moving the gravel from the back of the pit garage… LOL

Clickety Click Click…

With all that in mind I was happy with the 1.23’s I was doing.

I shouldn’t depress you by telling you that barrie/gav were doing 1:12s around there in their Lotus last year…

I shouldn’t depress you by telling you that barrie/gav were doing 1:12s around there in their Lotus last year…

But you will, you little bugger!

But you will, you little bugger!

I have had to remind myself that every time I go there. It can be very, very depressing .

With all that in mind I was happy with the 1.23’s I was doing.

Oh dear - I have only met him once but feel sure when he’s seen this it will be ‘GAME ON’

You got them disks on yet matey? Was good to meet you.

Yeah I will take a few pics of the brakes and stuff for you to have a look at if you like, and yes it was the National circuit.

Yeah I have heard that slick shod high downforce loyus’s doing as low as 1.11’s. Don’t worry Randy me old china I reckon I will be down into the mid teens in the next few months with the extra mods I have planned. And lets not forget I only use 48’s

In my defence, the back wheels were pointing in the wrong direction and my gearbox was chucking oil out of its breather all over the left hand rear wheel. Plus you can also apply amy other good excuses you can think of.

I have been told that with the big rear wing and the big front splitter I should be seeing high teens with my standard engine.

What spec was that 1.12 car Randy???

Barrie/Gav’s car was very very special and would be very difficult to emulate. It was thouroughly re-worked by RML then again by Gav’s team.

You should happily getsub 20’s in your car with the right setup, I would expect that out of mine now. I think I was doing 17’s in Simon’s car last time there and thats with rubbish rubbish tyres that dunlop were giving us at the time and shocks from hell. Also we didn’t get a single clear lap as we were at a VSCC day with the vintage cars.

You got them disks on yet matey? Was good to meet you.

No chance - I did manage to wash it yesterday morning b4 going to work! Sad or what!

Re Meet - likewise!

Might get chance this weekend

Is the croft Track day 3rd or 10th July? (Sunday)

I might bring a posse up for a look

ta

S

PS Hoses are ok to send to work or bring em up to Croft?

Croft is the 3rd.

Let me know if you are going and i’ll bring the brake hoses.

Sean…

Hi Sean - 3rd is good for me so bring em up. If for any reason I miss you we can sort it after. looking forwad to It. I will see if Mr Soggster fancies a ride up with his yellow version??

Cool. See you on the 3rd.

Sean…