Donington - Weekend

Yeah, yeah… I know it should be in “Meets”, but figure that’s way down the page and you may not see it (so sue me [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image] )Who’s going.What days are you going.Where are you driving from.Should we try to get all parked up together somehow.

I will be there on Saturday, but still only have my Elan. Have organised the last couple of years for a pre show meet, so that a group of Elan’s can drive the last 5 mins to the show together and hence stand a chance of parking together. See here for the sort of details I give out : Domain Details Page Not had much time to organise it this year, but already have 13 confirmed Elans, plus meeting a few more at the show. There is a Lotus parking area at the show, but in the past they just park you in rows as you turn up.

Donington Park service station would seem to be a good place to meet up.You leave the M1 23a at that exit to get to Donington anyway

quote:Originally posted by Admin5:Donington Park service station would seem to be a good place to meet up.You leave the M1 23a at that exit to get to Donington anywayYep, and its the best way to approach the circuit from also. Its new services and has fuel / food / drink plus shops, and plenty of parking. Might see you there, if you are there 10 - 10:30am.

Being the mad/bad crazy to know kinda guy I am, I’ll probably be their (Donington Services) both days at around 10-10:30

whats all this then? when? have I been walking around with eyes/ears closed?

Here are the answers I was given.1. Is the Donington weekend open to all-comers, or Lotus Club members only (I’m a member anywho)Yep - anyone who pays2. Do you have to book ?No -turn up with some cash3. What’s the cost ?About �74. What’s the format ? Just a show ?Er lots of Lotus cars to look at, lots of Lotus cars to buy, lots of people trying to sell you Lotus things (QED, Motobuild, B&C, etc) 5. What time does it start/end10ish until 5.30 ish?

I think its �7.50 each ( and you pay EACH day ) if you turn up and pay, tickets in advance from Club Lotus were �6.50 and can be used both days.Best part of the show is the car park to be honest, but I guess if you bothered to turn up its worth a look inside.Come over and say hello at Donington services David, mines the Blue Elan, Jxxx CWF. I will be there on Saturday, but have to fight the g-f to get a “pass” for Sunday.

A few real beer drinkers are meeting at Knutsford, on Sunday at 8.30, so I guess we will arrive at around 10.00 am - we can meet you at the show if poss. ?Russ

bugger, would have loved to come to get to know some of you a bit better but unfortunately, donington is not just around the corner for me… siff-sniff…

Donington Park service station would seem to be a good place to meet up. You leave the M1 23a at that exit to get to Donington anywayIs this on Saturday or Sunday? Tut is on his way down from bonny Scotland and I promised I would find out for him.TIA

Hi Kev,Both days

Thanks David.

Keep an eye out, he’ll be there 10:15-ish tomorrow.

Phil and Debs ( Orange Exige ) got in touch and say they will meet at Donington Services 10am Saturday. Look out for a few Elans in one corner of the car park.