Donington Today

So I aligned my engine by eye, was dead happy with myself. Put the manifold on and it was like 1" out meeting the cat bypass, so had to remove the steadies and jack the diff housing to swing it into place and refix the steadies.

You changed the manifold, so wouldn’t have had that sense check.

Do the edwards cars have the corner sliced off the box?

Very hard luck, Ben. A lot to think about. Best of luck for a rapid solution and a test before Anglesey.

:frowning:

Chin up!

Ps. I knew Capt Ohlin would appear making sure they weren’t seen as the fault. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: Sorry to hear about your woes on the day Ben.

Thanks guys. We make these little cars faster and faster and drive them harder and harder,…gotta expect a few issues.

Poor Ben had a really disapointing day and I must admire his calmness under high stress .thank goodness Matt was on hand ,he really is a top guy.
Embarrased at my early laps in new car with wierd brake performance and iffy gearchange…
One lap by Matt reveals dodgy ABS. ( so thats what that light means!). And need for gearchange adjustments.
Over to Matt who worked his magic .
At the end of the day we were discussing spring uprates and new toe links etc…so I must have speeded up a bit during the day.
Note to self… if you want a more meaningful track day avoid “loud” days Too many race drivers finding the limits of car or ability so there were too many stoppages …one 17 year old budding Elise racer was carted off to hospital hopefully just for a precautionary check. …but that caused nearly 1 hour stoppage and 1 totalled Elise.
Having said that the LMP1 driver was well behaved and although massively quick did not hassle you .too much .quite why he was mixing it with these slow cars I have no Idea .
Ben thanks for your encouragement and see you at Easter.I,m sure Matt will sort it.
And thanks Matt Bentley for really improving the car and driver during the day…roll on next time.

Genuinely great to see you too Clive, only a few weeks now until Anglesey.

Looking forward to seeing the badger up and running at Anglesey Ben

I’ve just seen the video… it was a nasty off that… he’s lucky to be ok, although has a very sore shoulder apparently.

Suspected toe-link breakage was the cause… so might be worth getting those new toe links !

Ouch indeed…unlucky to have it fail at craners

Donington Park Crash | Lotus Elise - YouTube

[quote=“Rob999”]Ouch indeed…unlucky to have it fail at craners

Donington Park Crash | Lotus Elise - YouTube[/quote]

Too true! Hope young Ryan is soon back on track.

Nasty looking crash. I hope he bounces back soon as he was motoring in the other video from the day.