Donington Evening session Aug 7th

Firstly, big thanks to Uldis for following me onto the Radical factory in Peterborough and giving me a lift home after Donno. Cheers dude!

Also thanks to Pesky for looking after my bits and bobs in his Exige. Cheers mate.

Donington was excellent with Craners and the exit for the following Old Hairpin being my favourite parts of the circuit.Did about 90 laps in total with 2 excursions briefly onto the dirt at exit of Redgate, after running wide.

Was black flagged for noise so had to lift/change up early as I passed the gantry on the pit straight, whilst staying over to the right of the circuit (away from noise meter). This was a bit awkward on a couple of occasions when other cars were moving over to let me pass at this point and I couldn’t really put the pedal to metal without risking being black flagged again.

Anyway, great day was had with excellent track etiquette from everyone. Very nice to see some of the usual Exige faces and a few new ones. Unitl the next time, cheers guys.

No probs, anytime.
Besides, ogling at the 'ring record-breaking Radical and all those naked models in all those different poses made up for the drive, trying to find an hotel at midnight and getting lost in the morning

Next time I suppose is going to be Sept 24th, right?

Uldis

Excuse No1: map reading and driving an SR3 don’t go together too well!

Not sure that I’ll be able to make the 24th but would like to. More than welcome to stop by my place as a half-way house on the way down anytime.

P.S. Who was taking photos on the day? Picman?

Photos? somebody took photos?

No Idea.

Yep - it was Gary Picman

web page

The pics are up (at last) from the night, for anyone interested. See he managed to capture my shortcut across the grass at the chicane from hell - barsteward!

http://www.picman.co.uk/cgi-bin/content.pl?search&date

See you called a cab…