Donington 4th June Evening

wedding in AM I’m up early for and now I’m karting on friday night too

Shame,…I was gonna say we should get out again before Spa but that’s not actually that far away now :sunglasses:

I’ll book a table - there may be a few of us :slight_smile:

Gotta get the train home after the event so no ruby for me :frowning:

Hopefully one of you lads will gimme a lift to East Midlands Parkway station for 21:35.

Have a great evening folks, the weather looks perfect too.

As Dave mentioned in the other thread we arrived to see the end of a test day. Unfortunately I missed the Tyrrell on circuit but we got to see it in the garage and chat with the guys that run the car. A new owner had just acquired the car and asked the guys to run it for him in Historic F1,…that’s a hobby for someone with deep pockets! A few other GT cars too and Hamilton’s brother in the Audi touring car. Makes you realise, us boys, we’re just playing at this…

We also saw the session with the Superkarts which were astonishingly quick.

Not strapped in, just wearing bike leathers you gotta have big cahooners for that I tell you. I found this link that gives you a sense of the speed they’re doing,…with your arse 1inch off the floor :open_mouth:

Superkarts racing at Donny vid

My car did not have a good time earlier in the year at Donny with the fuel-pumps cutting out twice and lunching an inboard CV. After more fuel-pump relay problem at Anglesey, Tim (muu) offered to have a look. He made up a proper modern relay module that separates all the fuel and CC pumps onto separate fused relay. Well the car ran really well and did not miss a beat. Cheers Tim you really are an absolute legend and I owe you one :thumbup:

As is often the case most of the lads (Mark, Chris/Phil etc) were up the other end of the pit lane so I was mostly hanging out with DaveP and Geoff Tubb (V6 Cup Owner who had hired the 620R). How did the M3 go lads,…that and the 340R seemed to be going well.

Dave’s car is fantastic and I am very jealous. Out on circuit the three of us had a great time and straight outta the box the R300 is properly rapid. I really struggled to stay in touch with Dave but it was huge fun. I picked a bit of video with some traffic so you can get to see the R300 rather than a couple of pixels in the distance :laughing: I think its pretty obvious that Dave is having a LOT of fun ,…and me too :smiley: Is there a better way of spending a Thu evening?

Short vid of me and Dave out in the Thu evening traffic

After much persuasion I did take the R300 out for a couple of laps. Its Dave’s new toy so I was not keen but he was insistent. With the tonneau and the half door you feel much more enclosed and it feels the pure racecar that it is. The Sadev just seals the deal, what a fantastic bit of kit. The car just dances around, blatting up and down that fantastic box. Wow, I just loved it, such a sweetspot of grip/power with the car constantly communicating what’s going on and moving around. I’ve been left feeling like …

Great little vid Ben. The way your suspension travels makes your head nod a bit under hard acceleration and that made it look like you were in a really slow car pretending to be a jockey doing giddy up. :laughing:
I would love a passenger ride with Dave in his new toy, i can still remember vividly a few pax laps at Oulton and he made his Honda exige dance like it was on the top of a fence. :clap:

Apologies I didn’t make the curry… I dropped Ben off at the train station and it was midnight before I got home as it was !

Next time!

Great night out!
Dave’s Caterham is really quick!
Good lamb naga at Ghandi’s…

The M3 went ok, it wore the n/s front tyre out. Needs a geo. Phil was back on the Friday for another evening in it. The brakes didn’t seem to bad although they take a bit of getting used to, you don’t need to brake very hard to get it starting to kick the abs in and it’s not like the lotus where you can just stamp on the brakes.

I think I was willing my wagon to keep up with Dave’s,…on reflection getting on the gas a bit earlier may have been a more effective strategy :laughing: