Donington 29th April - GP Collection and Supper

Same here, pulled my finger out and called.
They told me at the moment there’s about 15 in the (bit short of the 30).

Funny thing is that they didn’t ask me for Credit card details, just name and phone number.

Following Mr Pesky’s encouragement, I’m coming along to the Donington Collection view and buffet . . . although I haven’t been able to confirm booking with Donington yet but will keep trying.
I’ve booked in at a Travelodge on the northbound A38 near Burton on Friday night for the special room rate of �10(Yes, a tenner). As of today there are more rooms available at that rate and at the southbound Travelodge on the same road. Just a thought.It is a bit of a trek back fromDonny and will restrict booze intake but it’s a hell of a bargain . . . Contact www.travelodge.co.uk

Nice one Thommo But where are you staying on the Saturday night ie after the trackday & Musuem visit?

I booked myself & the “Racin’ Driver” in for the meal etc yesterday.

Thank you guys for your support so far, but I was up at Donington yesterday and dropped in to the Collection to borrow something and got some bad news…

Sorry guys, but this is going pear-sahped. Apparently, as from Monday the ‘Cafe Grand Prix’ is only going to be a coffee shop and they will NOT be able to feed us on the Saturday evening.

We can still visit the museum in the early evening if we want to at �7 a head.

I can probably find us food elsewhere (there’s a pub in Breedon for example that lays on a minibus for parties of more than six) if you would like me to.

Please respond (on new thread) and let me have your views on what you would like to do.

(I’ll copy this response into a new thread so that it is a separate topic)

Sorry guys but beyond my control…