Doing something different when recovering lotus interiors

Liking the side sills… what’s the chances of you making a few sets?

im on with a seat project you all might be interested in. by the end of the week i will post some pics.
we are in the process of copying the side sills so as soon as i have a few i will let you all know. any questions you have about them then please let me know.

last week i showed olly at phoenix motorsports one of my seats and in true olly style, gave me a pair of seat shells he had lying around the garage and said ( these are for my car. cover them any way you want, i leave it to your discretion)
so on the way home with the pair in the back of the car i came up with the idea of the club racer style.
so we went from this

to this

please let me know your thoughts on this design.

:thumbup: he should be pleased with them! Spot on!

Due to my size, on trackdays, I remove the centre section foam/alcantara from my seat (260 seat) leaving a long strip of Velcro. Could you supply a centre section with the thinnest of foam backing in alcantara/suedex? The head restraint pad is separate.
Cheers

that no problem as mark-p needs the same kind of thing. just need the original or a pattern to make from. should only be a cheap thing to make.

Love the look of the splitter/sills and the seats look great quality !

Looking very good, lucky Ollie.

Is there any developments on this one? :wave:

So I’m after some inserts for my reverie seats, but want to fit a carbon heating element in there.

Its OK Tim, your seats won’t mind getting cold, it doesn’t do them any harm. :wink:

I need some exige seat shells if anyone knows of a source

Either that or I get a motorsport blanket for the cold drives :smiley:

The Evora has heated seats :wink:

So does my S-Max…go figure :laughing:

I never knew Lotus made the S-Max :shifty: :wink:

Is there any developments on this one? :wave:[/quote

never got marks pad so could not make a copy. if you still want one made i could make one off a card pattern if you let me know how thick you would like it. plus what materials you want it making from.

Is there any developments on this one? :wave:[/quote

never got marks pad so could not make a copy. if you still want one made i could make one off a card pattern if you let me know how thick you would like it. plus what materials you want it making from.[/quote]

I’d like it as thin as possible - is it feasible to have the alcantara/suedex with just the backing material added which would stick to velcro?

Would you like me to take the pattern?

Cheers, Mark

I’d like it as thin as possible - is it feasible to have the alcantara/suedex with just the backing material added which would stick to velcro?

Would you like me to take the pattern?

Cheers, Mark[/quote]

yep if you can make the pattern and make it to the exact size i can make it perfect to the original.
the Velcro is not a problem. to make it match thou i might need the original as it might be better to make the boarder smaller and put some new foam inside.
how thin would you be thinking?

Hi everyone.
Ive only had chance over the last few months to post the odd message here and there so now I have a little bit of time I thought I would let you all know what ive been getting upto and what I will be doing the coming year.
When I posted on a picture of Ollie’s yellow seats a few months back I did not anticipate the amount of interest I got. Subsequently I ended up with so much work that im still working though it now.
Here are a few of the projects that I have been doing over the past few months

This was a pair of Probax seats that had been water damaged so needed a full recover and re-foaming.

Next was abit of an odd one. This chap really really loved his old transit and wanted the seats to match the company logo on the side of his van so I re-trimmed them in the brightest leather I could find and used orange stitching to match. In a strange way I really like them.

After organising the production and delivery of theses brand new seat shells.

I then had to completely foam, cover and produced a pair for a customer who wanted inflated lumber support. Full diamond stitching on the seat. Because the customer is a very tall chap I had to reduce the foam thickness on the seat and use a lot harder density so that the comfort was not reduced. Add this to the lowered seat rails and now he can wear his helmet on the trackday without removing the soft top. Helping him stay dry.

Last year we also had some professional photos taken of a selection of seats for the up and coming website.

As you guys can see, this has gone from being a part time thing to something more full time.
Because of this I have to move things forward for this year to meet demand.
First will be a very loud recover of my car along with a fully working website to show my work. I am also going to organise a large supply of seat shells as there seems to be a lot of demand for a well made and very strong seat with the harness holes. Im also working on securing the original shells from lotus but that one is abit of a long shot.
I will also be developing the new styles of Probax they are doing in the v6 cars which I will be able to convert old style to the new ones.

Its not just modern Elise and Exige’s. I am working on an old 1970s éclat and also a few Porsche’s so anything is possible.
There is so much scope in what we can do so if you have any ideas then let me know.

Congrats and good luck with the new venture.