Does my suspension suck?

As some of you guys know… I been looking into engine upgrades… but I think I must do something about my suspension first… Its all original stuff… no… nitrons or nylatrons… Can anyone tell me how much a supspenion upgrade like nitrons will do on track ?? like croft?? in sec per lap?? are we talking around 1-2 sec maybe??

Im also posting a pic of my car in a turn …its really low speed 50-60 km/h… But for me it looks like its “rolling” to much…?? Opinium is appreciated (have nothing to compare my car to here)…

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/yvehc_454/Exige3.jpg[/image]

Yes, LSS is complete rubbish hence the roll you are seeing. The shelf life isn’t too great either so they may well be knackered.

Difficult to quantify how much lap time you will gain by fitting something better and I have never done a back to back test. One thing you will find though is the car will be FAR more composed and easier to exploite.

im thinking of changing mine to nitrons too.
your car looks badass in black btw

Had to say on time, perhaps your 1-2secs is about right. But more importantly you’ll be and feel more in control.

Whilst having them fitted also get the bushes done for more feel (Eliseparts, nylatron kit). The std ones of those are crap too.

Ian

Just recived 1 more photo…which illustrate my bad suspension

[image]raceinfo.no

Only as much as mine

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/fkmacintosh/Img_0941.jpg[/image]

Doesn’t seem to affect driving though.

Whilst having them fitted also get the bushes done for more feel (Eliseparts, nylatron kit). The std ones of those are crap too.

Ian

If you are going to fit Nylatrons then make sure you spend a LONG time making sure they are right on the car and are not tight as this will screw up the ride comfort and affect the handling as well.
The latest design are better than previous versions, but the previous versions have made me get some rubber bushes to fit instead.

Mark is 100% right here. Nylatrons take a fair amount of maintenance. The bushes need to be fitted and then reamed out/fettled in the wishbone and this takes many hours. Also they need to be stripped off and re-greased fairly regularly otherwise they seize up. If you don’t have the time/ability to do this then stick with rubber.

Just seen a pic of my car with “new” single way nitrons fitted… The springs are standard 325/400 and settings for dampers are 10f and 8r from full hard…

Should I really expect and live with all this body roll… for me it dosent look so good…Is it normal with my spring rates…???

[image]http://gallery.raceinfo.no/gallery/Motorsport/Banekjoringer/20060514-PorscheklubbReve/PICT0060.JPG[/image]

sorry for the pic size…

V.hard to tell from a static pic, but it doesn’t look overly wrong to me, I remember Russ’ car on much stiffer springs rolling more than that at Anglesey.

Interesting safety stance from your passenger!

Ian

Hi Niceguy,

Have a look at this pic taken this weekend
Gymkana

This is on Nitron with 325/400 springs and damping set almost where you have it.Also at very low speed. I normally run 475/525 springs but had really battled in this type of event on the slippery stuff to find grip. After a chat with Guy at Nitron he suggested I put the std springs back to run on intermediates. I must be honest that the roll was a little off putting at first but there was definitely more grip to be had. Unfortunately, and as Guy had told me, they are far to soft for high speed track work, in long sweepers at high speed the extra large diffusor will scrape on the ground. So for the large wing and m/s spoiler they are not stiff enough. But and this is a big but, the car is far more forgiving.

Where do your run your Anti Roll Bar ? and what ride height are you running at. To me the front outside tire seems to be working quite nicely. Also at what is your speed in this pic relative to the other pic with the LSS, could find that it is rolling the same but are going alot faster.

V.hard to tell from a static pic, but it doesn’t look overly wrong to me, I remember Russ’ car on much stiffer springs rolling more than that at Anglesey.

Interesting safety stance from your passenger!

Ian

Hmm…I see… I was thinking on stiffer spring. but Ill see… Just a bit surprised with the body roll, expected it to be much less… guess it will slow you down a bit in the corners.

heh… about the passenger… this is a really slow track and this time it was ok to not use a helmet if you forgot it home… (normally we must use a helmet)… anyway its his head not mine

Hi JasonR.

Glad I’m not the only person with this “problem”

So guess its not that bad then…

Ride height is 105/115… Anti roll bar is untouched (in the middle I guess)…

About the speed… Not quite sure. its not the same corner and don’t have a data logger(yet)… But lap times is going down compare to last year… But not sure if it has to do with the suspension or the driver.(or both) ???

But lap times is going down compare to last year… But not sure if it has to do with the suspension or the driver.(or both) ???

Do you mean you are going quicker ? … not getting at you niceguy but i can’t make my mind up if what you say is a good thing or a bad thing

But lap times is going down compare to last year… But not sure if it has to do with the suspension or the driver.(or both) ???

Do you mean you are going quicker ? … not getting at you niceguy but i can’t make my mind up if what you say is a good thing or a bad thing

hehe… opps…yeahh… I ment quicker Roxteddy

cheers niceguy

have you looked at the pics on the donington gallery ?? plenty Nitron shod cars their with body roll