DO I BUY AN EXIGE S1 OR S2?

Flaccid at 22, shame.

doesnt worry me, i just tell them “hey baby, its all about YOU tonight!!” certainly didnt bother ya mama

oh, and btw, she says she thinks the S1 looks sexier

yep she loves her little S1 gimp.

He call them “fireproof balaclava’s” but we all know they’re a zipped up leather gimp mask

He call them “fireproof balaclava’s” but we all know they’re a zipped up leather gimp mask

[image]http://www.fetteredpleasures.com/graphics/thumbs/tn_ht20w.jpg[/image]

im such a kinky bugger

Purely for democratic reasons would it not be an idea to bring this site up to date and have a pic of an S2 aswel as the S1 at the top of the page?

[color:“red”] [/color] So what about it then? [color:“red”] [/color]

Bertone, if you can afford both yet STILL have to ask? Then i suggest you buy the S2. You aint ready for the S1

It’s also the reason why S1 regular trackdayers have not deemed the S2 suitable to change to, even though they can simply stick on some Cup adjustable suspension, a Pipercross filter & a Stage 2 exhaust on an S2 to make it comparable to an S1 in terms of performance & feel on track

Purely for democratic reasons would it not be an idea to bring this site up to date and have a pic of an S2 aswel as the S1 at the top of the page?

[color:“red”] [/color] So what about it then? [color:“red”] [/color]

No problem with democracy from 2 angles:

1. The majority rules

2. If you don’t like it, no one is stopping you from starting your own forum.

Only jesting - I agree it’s about time the S2 piccie also featured

Oh fiesty tonight Pesky

It was mentioned quite a while ago about getting a S2 up there as well

Check out the croft t-shirts for the ideal sign of a democratic representation

Hey you lot, maybe the “mine is bigger than your’s” debate is getting a bit out of hand. Yes we all love our S1’s & S2’s and probably all Loti, I went for S2 because I don’t have time to ‘tinker’ with the car and I need to know it’ll get me to work every day, if I had the time (& money) I’d buy as S1 & ‘tinker’ with it all the time but I don’t!
Anyway Bertone, if you don’t hurry up & decide soon a new version will be along (280R anyone?), go and drive the b****y cars then you’ll know which is best for you, or would you like Tony Blair & Alistair Darling to choose one for you!!!
Oh yeah, that S1 looks great at the top of the page but an S2 would look good next to it also.

Hey you lot, maybe the “mine is bigger than your’s” debate is getting a bit out of hand.

Intended double entendre?

Some things are “factual”, other things are “subjective”. This bbs has a tradition, which I don’t want to see altered, of having lively debates, particularly about the subjective areas of “Exigeness”. Banter & pi$$ taking have become fundamental elements of this bbs, & over the 4 to 5 years of its life, there have been very, very few instances where things have turned “nasty” (in fact I can’t really think of any which I have personally found offensive). Many bbs members have also of course, gotten to know each other socially, & enjoy our periodic exiges.com trackdays. Everyone here appears to be able to “take” as well as they can “give”, which is just as it should be between a bunch of what we are - essentially like minded peeps, but of varying ages & backgrounds, who think our cars are collectively something very special, & which give us a common bond.Time for my medicine now

sniffle

That was just beautiful

wipes tear from eye

…Now back on topic, I have the best Exige as it’s owned by me and all the rest of you a bunch of total ****'s

sparks up doobie to throw into previously jettissoned gasoline

sniffle
That was just beautiful

wipes tear from eye

[image]http://blogsimages.skynet.be/images/000/231/211_kleenex.JPG[/image]

Also useful for those non flaccid, “mine’s bigger than yours, out of hand” moments

Only the finest tissue for my (ali) bell(s)

The S1 exige bored the pants off me in standard form. Had to wring it out to get any performance. etc The S2 didnt. It was great off the blocks.

Admitedly the S1 does have a very intoxicating harshness to it. As does a well modified S1 Elise when compared to an S2 Elise.

But as a car it doesnt compare.

Pesky, I can understand why you would want to change to an S2 once you’ve Honda’d and Nitron’d your S1. That must be fantastic.

Nightfall

To be honest, I’m not into wanting the fastest/bestest or whatever else appears to turn others on. I’m a trackdayer, & am now past my sell by date for racing - that’s life & I accept it! So a car’s ultimate performance is not a priority for me - I couldn’t exploit it anyway! However, the way a car feels & looks, is important to me, & I just happen to prefer the S1 to the S2. With the S2, Lotus just did not move the game on far enough, nor make the Exige different enough from the Elise, as they did with the S1.I don’t expect everyone to agree, & I really don’t have any problem with that (despite my biased comments, which as those that know me are largely tongue in cheek!). However, the majority of S1 owners appear to hold the same opinion, & haven’t/won’t be buying an S2 in its present guise (even supercharged).

If I were in the same position as Russ, I would have no hesitation in keeping my S1 for track, & having an S2 for everything else

Hope that clears up a few things for the more recent bbs members.

A good point, well made!

Couldn’t have put it better myself (accept the old bit ).

Ian