Differance between Touring pack and Poformance pac

Hi
Please is possible could some one post up some pictures of the differences between the 2 packs on the S2 exige, i mainley want to see the seats! but i am also interested the other differences. thanks for any help
Nathan

I haven’t got any pics but I know the Perf pack has oil coolers, which are probably a very good idea if you’re going on track (the S1 has one as std).

Have you tried a search of the site, I think the original S2 specs listed the details and they were definately posted.

Ian

Will try and post a pic of the seats in the perf pack this evening. The seats, I was looking at the standard one’s yesterday whilst mine was in for it’s 1000 mile service, look very similar apart from slightly different trim, carbon effect, an Exige logo at neck height and two cutouts at shoulder height where the harnesses poke through. The basic seat shape is identical.
John

I’ve seen 2 exiges 2 with touring pack and surprise…with oil coolers.

Nicholas

I believe that all new style Exiges exported from the UK have the oil coolers (something about our “cool” climate!!!)

Yes, Mr Pesky’s right, Exiges for non-European markets have the oil coolers as standard also air-con is standard for non-European market as well.

Jaycee

Oil coolers/aircon - are they standard on the “non European”, or all “non UK”, cars?

Pesky, the glossy brochure says Non-European market.
JayCee

Nath.
See link for pics of seats on performance pack, note the harnesses are not in place, it’s a sore point so don’t ask it’s a story on another thread. The dark patch on the headrest is not an optional extra it’s just mi greasy yed
Exige S2 Performance Pack seats.
John

Hmmm I think i prefer the look of the performance pack seat though must say they don’t look like they give any additional support compared to the tourings. In terms of oil coolers -don’t know about anyone else but I’ve done 2,000 miles in mine and it hasn’t used any oil at all!

Likely to be a different story on track.

Ian

Hmmm I think i prefer the look of the performance pack seat though must say they don’t look like they give any additional support compared to the tourings.

Correct, I would say the seat body is identical apart from as I said before the holes.

In terms of oil coolers -don’t know about anyone else but I’ve done 2,000 miles in mine and it hasn’t used any oil at all!

Ian’s reply in the previous post hold’s true, also the oil coolers hold approx an extra 3.5 litres of oil making the oil circuit hold around 8 litres Don’t worry though as on an oil change the oil from the coolers is not normaly drained (quote from the manual). I just think that anything that gives the car/engine extra cooling in any department should be had.
John

I’ve seen 2 exiges 2 with touring pack and surprise…with oil coolers.

Nicolas
I’ve had mine (with performance pack) a month now and still can’t see the oil coolers anywhere. So can you tell me where you saw them on the 2 cars??
John

In england u do not need them, so lotus was so good with u that they saved some weight…

they r in the front.
Nicolas

In england u do not need them, so lotus was so good with u that they saved some weight…

Nicolas.
Granted, however the cooling benifit outweighs the weight issue when the car is used on the track, I believe. If I did not intend tracking the car then I would have gone for the Touring pack.

they r in the front.

Yes, I know it says so in the manual, but where can they be seen at the front, they are not easily visible. Where did you see them?
John

Weren’t they supposed to be by the air scoops under the lights?
The things that would otherwise be brake scoops?

That’s why they’re two, right? because they’re very small…

Thanks for the pic mate.
That just confirms that the performace pack is deffinatley the one for me.lovley. so could i arrange foe the harrnesses to be fitted on delivery of the exige, or is this not possible???
thanks

Nath
The harnesses are part of the performance pack, the harnesses are supplied by Lotus and sent up to the dealer WITH the car to be fitted at PDI. This is not an easy job. My problems arose when(a) Lotus did not send them up with the car, short supply allegedly and (B)the dealer not realising the difficulty they would have fitting them (ran out of time in the day) when it went in for service and hence my return a week later to have them fitted.
John

Nath
Forgot to add (edit time now expired ) I asked the dealer to leave the inertia reel seat belts in, a bit more convenient for local hops. This was done, no problem, I just leave the lap belts by the side of the seat and the shoulder straps can push back through the seat tops or fold around the back of the seats.
John

oil coolers are indeed behind the front brake vents, very hard to see, but possible. If you see daylight behind the vents then they are not there.

Mine had them fitted by mistake even tho it is a touring pack. Bonus since I track it a fair bit