Did future Lotus' just get worse?

Matt Becker leaves Lotus for Aston Martin
One of Lotus’ key handling engineers, Matt Becker, has been nabbed by Aston Martin to fine tune its forthcoming sports cars

Elvis is dead too Ian :wink:

Big loss for Lotus though. The new guy sounds ok and with Gavan Kershaw i’m sure it is still in safe hands :smiley:

Elvis, dead, nooooooooo!?!!

Another top designer/stylist is off to Jaguar, too, I’m told by a reliable source.

Vidal Sassoon?

Life moves on and hopefully Lotus bosses had the succession planned.

However I am rather glad I own an “older” model…oh and a 2008 Exige as well.

Lotus haven’t come up with anything truly new in generic engineering terms since the introduction of the 111 tub and subsequent VVA so brilliantly executed in the current range. Whilst these guys have done a brilliant job for Lotus and have been copied by many, including Jaguar and Aston Martin, maybe it’s time for fresh thinking on how next to take the brand even further - and to do so doesn’t mean that they have to give up core values.

Bahar was maniacal but I’m sure JMG is fully briefed on what he’s been put in charge of and told not to bugger it up like the previous guy!

Imagine if YOU owned the Lotus brand and all that it stands for. Would you plump for more of the same or look for innovation elesewhere?

I’m sure there are ructions at the factory at the moment but hopefully it will become stronger, leaner etc…

All IMHO, as ever.

No, you cheeky bugger.
My son’s mate is off to Jag
:open_mouth: oops, I’ve revealed my sources.

I thought the latest ‘big advance’ was the traction control on the V6 Exige. But hey, you need to make noise about something.

I thought Lotus actually engineered the DB9 chassis, rather than it being a copy.