Desperately seeking S1 :)

[quote Wow, how can you differentiate between proper armourfend and cheapie stuff?

Think Steve was pointing out that the protection only looked as though it was armourfend as opposed to the far more substantial “rubber” extrusions most people have fitted. Hope this helps.

George,

If you’re still looking, I have a superb titanium S1 for sale. 190, sports exhaust, breather kit, upgraded toelinks, blue Lotus Sport interior, short throw gear linkage etc. First owner, always garaged, around 21k miles. I can send you detailed spec and photos - email me on [email protected] if you’re interested.

Roland

Mail sent… could be very keen.

whats the differences in the vent arrangements of the AC cars? any pictures out there?

whats the differences in the vent arrangements of the AC cars? any pictures out there?

Non-Aircon:
[image]Used cars for sale - PistonHeads UK

Aircon:
[image]Used cars for sale - PistonHeads UK

Notice the extra vents (4) in the dash centre, the switch panel for the aircon underslung beneath the dash and also how the headlight switches are split either side of the steering wheel to make room for the extra vents.

I prefer the “clean” look of the non-aircon cars.

I’m still seeking an S1… thought I had one lined up but owner had second thoughts about selling

Still desperately searching for my dream S1… have the cash and a Lotus-shaped hole in my garage!

I prefer the “clean” look of the non-aircon cars.

For all the pathetic performance of the A/C, I prefer some air in the car! It can get REALLY hot in there.

Ian

…owner had second thoughts about selling

Quite right too!

…owner had second thoughts about selling

Quite right too!

Not very nice for me when I’ve got a bank cheque made out in the seller’s name that I now have to cancel at the cost of about 1800 dollars for two-way curreny exchange :frowning::frowning:

Hmm, now that is true.

You not tried to get them to cough up?

Ian

Well it’s not really their fault… it’s their perogative not to sell and that’s that I guess. I guess it’s just one of those things I just wish I’d known sooner.

I feel awful too because some people on these oards have done what I’d consider some big favours for me in terms of helping me out with the purchase and now I feel like I’ve screwed them around.

aah well… live and learn.

Hmm, now that is true.

You not tried to get them to cough up?

Ian

Only way I’ll ever see that money back is if I can get the seller to bank the cheque anyway and then forward the money on to my friend’s online account in the UK. To be honest, I feel like the seller owes me a favour here. I can only hope he comes to the party, otherwise I may not be able to afford an Exige after all… and my Elise has already sold… so this may be a rather sad and pathetic end to my Lotus owning experience

Only way I’ll ever see that money back is if I can get the seller to bank the cheque anyway and then forward the money on to my friend’s online account in the UK.

hehe, sounds like those Nigerian scams you hear so much about…

To be honest, I feel like the seller owes me a favour here.

Do you have anything in writing from the seller agreeing a price and agreeing to sell the car to you ?

I find it very odd that you’d be so much out of pocket for transferring what could be no more than �18,000… that’s one heck of a commission for whoever is processing it.

I find it very odd that you’d be so much out of pocket for transferring what could be no more than �18,000… that’s one heck of a commission for whoever is processing it.

You’re right, and we’re currently in negotiation over that. The bank is seeinwha they can do to help me out. Fingers crossed It’ll work out. Already got an account I can use over there so will put the money in that and wait for my next Exige to arrive and when I see the one I want, I’ll be in a position to have the money there to snap it up.

Massive relief, Sorted things out with the bank and I’ll be able to reansfer my money without penalty. Which is good because it means I can resume my hunt for a car

Anyone got a nice condition, low-mileage Titanium/Yellow S1 they want to sell ?:slight_smile:

George see my U2U one benefit is you can pay locally in $$$ so no bank charges and local contact…

Clive, cheers I’ll certainly bear it in mind