decisions - S1 elise vs S2 exige vs 211

Interested in some opinions.

Currently trying to weigh up between an S1 and doing an engine conversion (most likely K20), finding a S2 exige and SCing it - or an SC one, or finding a 211 and hoping it doesn’t rain so often. More so road fun use than track days. Usable power levels - not chasing the headline numbers.

There are far less S2 exiges on the market than I expected - mostly been watching pistonheads before coming back to here. Would love to find a krypton green one but even here they seem rare.

Cheers
Jon

If mainly for the road rather than for trackdays then would rule out the 211. Its not just the rain, it would be having to put on a lid every time that you want to take it for a drive that would be a pain. I’d suggest you aim for a S2 Exige S, and then take from there once you see how you get on with it. You can add more power if you feel you need it. Elise with Honda in it, unless you find one ready converted is going to cost for what you end up with. Wont get your money back if you decide its not for you.

This in spades…

solid logic @evo_ufo

as he curses knowing that means he will probably do the direct opposite…

S1 Elise.

The original. Purest. First iteration of what is now 21 years of ‘copies’!

Has a usable hood for ‘security’ and when it rains (leaks a bit by the windows however!).

Topless, like most things topless is great!

Lighest… if you Honda it, it will have much better power to weight than an SC S2 Exige too!

Like the S1 Exige, I think anything S1 looks the best too!

2-11 seems the best value of them all to me. I never used a lid unless on track with my 2-11, at high speeds 80mph and over your eyes stream a bit so wore sun glasses to stop that. The 2-11 is my favourite lotus so far followed closely by the supercharged S2 Exige.

persoanlly I’d go 2-11 and a warm jacket :smiley:

I’m currently rebuilding/refurbing a 211 from a bare chassis up, new everything going on it… not sure if I’m selling it yet or not but at this stage it’s more than likely to go.

Pm if interested, build thread here -

given how many you have had, that is really interesting :slight_smile: