Dash Problems

My speedo does not always work. What could the problem be???. The Rev counter is fine and all other parts of the dash. Sometimes it does work and seems to reset itself at power-up but does not read. Do I need to get a new dash? - if so, how much will this cost me?, or could it be a sensor? - i.e. What do I need to check/try before resorting to a new one?

quote:Originally posted by Tarquin:My speedo does not always work. What could the problem be???. The Rev counter is fine and all other parts of the dash.Have you tried engaging first gear & then releasing the clutch & handbrake, whilst depressing the throttle? [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/wink.gif[/image]Seriously though, there is a speedo sensor in the rear left hand side hub, which may be faulty. Could also perhaps be a poor connection on the back of the Stack unit.Good luck.

Yeah. I’ve tried the 1st gear one. Not helped much!.Think it must be the sensor as the dash goes through its self test stuff at power up. Does anyone know where I can get one from to try?

You could try swapping the overrun sensor from the right hand side but remember to measure the gap between the sensor and hub so you put them back correctly.