Dash cams

After my Mum suffering a head on by a driver on the wrong side of the road, but we could supply no proof of this, I have decided I want to get dash cams for our cars.
I’m after something small, discrete but up to the job performance wise, I want to be able to hard wire them in as a fit and forget, can’t be doing with something that needs removing every night.
They must not cost a fortune though as I have 4 cars to do, any recommendations?

I’m still awaiting to hear what Dave fitted. Same parameters as you. Must have a park protector mode and not drain the battery. Needs GPS and speed to be admissible in court ( so I’m told by a gobshite)

still not bought but I think blackvue is looking about the best overall

This looks quite good and is a reasonable price

I bought a Mini 0806 dash camera. I switch it between the daily EV and Exige, all I needed to buy was an additional GPS mount and hardwire kit. In the daily car I tapped into the rain sensor wiring in the head liner to power it. In the Exige I used a Fuse Tap, listed below, and used the fuse box in the passenger footwell to power the camera.

Mini 0806
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-All-New-Mini-0806-Car-DVR-Super-HD1296P-Ambarella-A7-Dashcam-5th-Release-/351365724013?var=&hash=item51cf07776d:m:mQ6X7XHyKXZYM540PsRLqFQ

Fuse Tap Standard Blade Fuse Holder ATO 12V

Here’s some footage I got from it a few months ago: https://www.facebook.com/OrangeExige/videos/10153744509198305/

I use the Mini 08 series though mine is an older 0803 I think.

Not faultless but very good value and quality at that price point.

That is really interesting and good footage, what is the nighttime footage like? A lot of them seem to fail at night.

- YouTube

Few generations older.

That looks better than most

I have Nextbase 402G which has the parking mode (not that I’ve ever seen it work). In the Exige it does sit quite low on the screen as the mount is fairly large, but it works well, easy to operate and download, available at Maplin, Currys, Halfords etc.

I went for this one as the reviews were all good and was a magazine Best Buy in the price range (£120 IIRC) I paid less as got a ‘pre loved’ one from Maplin, which was mint.

Prior to that I’ve has 3 of the Eprance Mini 803/805’s, these fit really neat next to the mirror mount, but are unreliable, hence I went through 3 before giving in with them, maybe the 806 is more reliable, but personally I’d not go there again, we lost incident footage due to a faulty unit.

I have a mini 0805 great cameras about £70 on ebay with everything included super hd wuality and great in night time too