Croft - Sunday 28th Sept.

good day, cheers to the dude in the pearl exige, chasing u round was class

Yes was a very good day

Nice line up :clap:

Here’s a few photos of mine taken by Tom Harrison Photography during the day:

website? google doesnt bring up much

He is on facebook

Cheers Scosh that was me, great day, enjoyed watching you in my mirrors, shame you stopped as soon as you’d passed me but probably very wise as we all needed a break by then! How did we miss the line up picture on the starting grid?

yeah sorry dude, passing someone then pitting is super lame but i’d been out there for ages. lay on the grass for 40mins after that then went home lol, i was completely smoked

not sure what happened with the grid, i didnt know anything about it. Croft’s my local now anyway so give me a shout next tme you’re heading back there, way more fun having a similar car on circuit, plus i’ve got no idea how to take those 3 fast corners leading to sunny, i was lifting for each one but i wasnt sure if you were flat out

Jim Clark Esses and Barcroft (the 3 fast corners leading into Sunny) are one of my favourite part of the circuit. I tend to short shift up into 5th and take the Jim Clark Esses flat (not flat out, but constant throttle) and accelerate a little for Barcroft, carrying corner speed, then braking heavily for Sunny In.

Here is some footage from the day with me and Gav:

Lotus Newcastle Trackday at Croft on Vimeo

Those corners were a learning curve for me (and an expensive one) after having an ‘off’ at Jim Clark Esses:

Croft - Rapeseed Spin Video - YouTube

Sorry about the footage, but it was back in the day when we had tapes (none of this modern digital recording).

You don’t want to be lifting on those corners as it will unweight the back end, lessening the rear traction/grip with the potential to recreate my earlier YouTube clip.