Croft Noise - Definitive Answer

Okey dokey, I’ve just spoken with the person at the circuit who knows about these things

It would appear that at any time during the day, a car can be statically noise tested - max 100dba @ 3/4 max revs from 1/2 metre.

If a car is “over”, it will not be allowed out again, unless it tests below the max after fitting cat or whatever.

If tested, it would make sense to ensure that the max revs are 7000rpm ie test at 5250 rpm - if anyone has any queries, I suggest that we cover these the evening before

Okey dokey, I’ve just spoken with the person at the circuit who knows about these things

It would appear that at any time during the day, a car can be statically noise tested - max 100dba @ 3/4 max revs from 1/2 metre.

If a car is “over”, it will not be allowed out again, unless it tests below the max after fitting cat or whatever.

If tested, it would make sense to ensure that the max revs are 7000rpm ie test at 5250 rpm - if anyone has any queries, I suggest that we cover these the evening before

Strange, mine only revs to 5000rpm… Its as quiet as a mouse .

Randy

Glad at least 2 of us are on the same wavelength

LOL, Yeah we’ll all drive to the track at 45mph on our rev limiters in top gear. “Sorry mate, these cars aren’t about top speed, its all about the handleing don’t you know!!!”

Sean…

To everybody who is worried about noise at croft.

You may know - or not that we have developed our own exhaust system for the s1 exige. Its a three piece system, back box and tail pipe, straight through crp and silenced crp. which can be easily changed if you need to be a bit quieter. Our exhausts are usually made to order but we will arrange for some silenced crp’s to be made up for us to bring to Croft. So if the noise police are a problem for those who have loud exhausts then we will be able to help out. If anybody knows that the would definatly need one then drop us an e-mail on [email protected] and we can arrange to get them made for you.

Cheers Steve.