Croft 18th September

Myself and a few Scotish Elise Group members are heading down for the morning session (2 S2 Exiges for sure).
Love to see a few more Exiges anyone up for it?
(the day is through Croft its self)

I’m up for it, probably do the full day. Quite a few from NYLOC going.

Heard “bad” reports of Croft’s own days, but hope that you all have a great day on a really good circuit

Heard “bad” reports of Croft’s own days, but hope that you all have a great day on a really good circuit

I’ve always found them pretty well run. They’re sessioned mind, but it works quite well as they’re divided into novice, intermediate and advanced. The most annoying thing though is that the whole of the first session is usually behind the pace car driving at very slow speed. So, if you’re only doing a half day that’s quite a lot of track time wasted.

I would go no where near a ‘own’ trackday at Knockhill hope the same does not apply to Croft fingers crossed

I have been to many of Crofts own trackdays. No problems at all and very well organised. Last month they changed the format slightly and did a sessioned open pit. Sounds wierd I know butit worked out ok as you only had to drive the pitlane when the flag went down after 30mins and go straight back out again (to stop people from hogging the track all day).

I Cant do this months or next next months as they fall on the 3rd sunday which is my race w/e. I should be there on Sat 15th Oct though :thumbs:

I have booked the full day now. Cant wait!

Wow what a track!!!
Soooo different from my regular stomping ground of Knockhill

Very impressed by the trackday would highly recomend it no stops at all, a lot of fast cars all driven well.
Was not sure how the passing in corners would work out but it worked well.

Wish I had not changed my stage 2, under the understanding that the noise restriction would be tight. There were no noise tests at all, with some loud cars having a great time.

Overall beautiful sunny day with loads of track time. grabbed a instructor for a session and he got me right up to speed, wow is it fast

Need a new set of rears although 7 trackdays and 5000miles aint that bad.

Need a new set of rears although 7 trackdays and 5000miles aint that bad.

Bloody hell that’s good going. I thought I was doing well on 3 trackdays and 5,000 miles. Gutted I couldn’t get a place at Croft. Might do Donnington on 7th October with L-O-T and squeeze the last bit of life out of the tyres…

Wish I had not changed my stage 2, under the understanding that the noise restriction would be tight. There were no noise tests at all, with some loud cars having a great time.

Shame you never asked…I think you could just about get away with no silencer at all!! Just out of interest, has anyone tried getting the standard exhaust in the boot yet?? Looks like it will just about fit with a wiggle.

4.5k and 4.5 trackdays my rears were on the legal limits. I’m thinking a second set of rims would be a good investment to use up all the pt worns I’m going to get on track rather than keep using brand new rubber.

Hi Jamie - good to meet you chaps from north o’ the border.

Re Noise - had you fitted the stage 2 sods law would have had you banned. I heard a few chaps saying that Sundays are typically tighter for noise than any other day. I was there on Saturday and some of the cars seemed even louder!?!?

From talking to others I think Croft is more leanient than perhaps all other tracks - those with more experience please chip in…

ta

Simon

Simon nice to see all the S1s shame you were not out in anger.
The best track to go to if you have a noisy car is Knockhill they dont even own a noise meter Might be something to do with it being in the midddle of no where with just sheep to bother.
Think you are right better be safe than sorry though

If I went and got a second set of rims I would only go and put slicks on them best I stay well away from my credit card

Jamie - if you sign up as a member on Nyloc you will see some piccies of your car in the trackday section

enjoy! Nyloc Website clickety click

Also a little vid of the Mk 1 RS2000 ‘gooning’/showboating

Thanks for the heads up, funnily enough I already am logged in cant remember doing it though
Great photos love the one of all your cars parked up and me going past in the background And the flame spitting S1 great fun to watch
Although I did get a little confused when I went back to my car and bloody hell theres two of them!!!
[image]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/jamieall/IMG_2209copy.jpg[/image]
We had a great drive back up
[image]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/jamieall/IMG_2211.jpg[/image]

Magic