Crash helmet advice

My Bell Sport 4 helmet is now 5 years old and I have lost the visor which I need for the Caterham. It fits me well and has the FIA and snell approvals. They are also pretty cheap £330. I have no problem paying more as I only have one head but is there any point from a safety point of view? The sport 3 appears to have a better anti-fog visor so it may be worth the extra.

Any useful advice?

Demon tweeks seems to be as good as any as a supplier.

My new OMP helmet is bang on Keith and really comfy. I use Hans now and the posts work with my Schroth Club Series device.

Also Jonnyfox’s OMP is the most inordinately comedically large helmet on the market :laughing:

I have an Arai GP6.

You gotta go HANS too if you’re getting a new lid.

Ha ha I’ve just got a big head. XL all the way baby :laughing:

Getting a helmet with the right fit & comfort are more important than price or brand (with the correct approvals, of course!).

I bought my first Hans device around 10 years ago so it’s second nature. They do take a bit of getting used to at first, especially sorting belts, but they’re needed just about everywhere now.

I got myself a fairly cheap OMP Grand Prix 7s and combined it with a Leatt MRX Pro head and neck restraint.

I’ve just got carried away on this (XL, jonny. Grrr) Stilo bad boy off Nicky Grist. I’m having it fitted on the way up to Donny on the 11th.

(Although mine is an FN so doesn’t have the comms/fluids ports)

Stilo are nice & very light but the fit and quality still has to be Arai for me , got a new GP6 PED with a caracoat visor I keep meaning to get painted .

Which one do you use? I will going for hans.

Gp direct is opening at Donington, if they are open for the 11th of Oct I will try and buy there.

Keith