!! Crap driver alert !!

I have just bumped off a curb (at an angle) with the front left tyre at about 5-10mph (no abs + lorry + x factor +[censored] driver = knackered car). the wheel is a little bit scuffed but the tyre looks fine. Have I justed knackered my tyre/wheel/suspension/car ? what should i be checking ?

The front tyres need replacing (could be a reason why i skidded), can you mix a039s (back) with a048s (front) ?

Is it straight forward to replace the standard pads with Pagid RS14s ?

As always thanks for your help.

I have just bumped off a curb (at an angle) with the front left tyre at about 5-10mph (no abs + lorry + x factor +[censored] driver = knackered car). the wheel is a little bit scuffed but the tyre looks fine. Have I justed knackered my tyre/wheel/suspension/car ? what should i be checking ?

The front tyres need replacing (could be a reason why i skidded), can you mix a039s (back) with a048s (front) ?

As always thanks for your help.

I’ve been there before… I hate curbs!

What you need to do is get the car up in the air, give everything a good shake to see if there is any movement. Have the wheels off and check everything by eye and get a staright edge on the wishbones to check they are not bent.

Don’t mix tyres, it’s a really bad move and you will end up doing your car even more damage. You will soon know if the wheel is knackered as it won’t balance up easily at the tyre shop.

Yup!

Don’t need to say much more than, even I have done it a couple of times. A search on here and a look at the workshop manual and you’ll be sorted. There’s a little trick about bending the front retaining clips to stop the pads rattling, that’s on the site somewhere too.

Ian

I guess it really depends on what angle you hit the kerb …

Is the steering wheel still in the same position as before ? ( clearly you hit it hard if its on the other side of the car ) - as in not moved so thats it an angle in the straight ahead position … you know what I mean …

Next do as Randy indicated

…and wheels from Lotus I’m told are �500 (but that is for a rear).
Be prepared for the wheel bearing on that wheel to fail sooner or later - it’ll now have a bruise - so my dealer said to me anyway (but then the same dealer said my rear suspension squeeked!!!)

Thanks guys …

The steering wheel is fine. I have done 80-90mph on the motorway and I didnt notice any vibration or new interesting noises.

I think i hit it at about 40 degrees at around 5-10mph. I may just be panicing for no reason (hope).

Thanks again.

DSE

can’t add much more except support for what the others say. I did this in ice with a previous car… it needed a track-rod and ball-joint.

From what you say it sounds like you may have gotton away with it tho’. I guess the tyre will be okay at that speed of impact. The wheel rim may be bent… you will see this if you get it off the ground and spin it on the hub. Look at it both inside and out. I bent an M3 alloy on a pot-hole and thought it was okay, but when i did this it was bent on the inside edge of the rim.

I now have A048’s on my car and they are majic - not had them in the wet yet… but I don’t think i’d mixem as you state.

How badly worn are your A039 rears ?

thanks guys for all your info.

I am doing the work on sunday. I will let you know if i find anything.

thanks again.