Cooling, Roof + Engine Cover Advice Needed!

Hi,

I was wondering what the general consensus is on the motorsport engine cover and/or roof scoop?

I know that functionally they should help keep my K a little cooler than the std parts ( definitely a plus ) but not having seen them on the car I am not sure about the aesthetics.

Does anyone have any pictures of a laser blue S1 with both the MS roof and rear clam?

Also are there two different aftermarket roof intake extensions as I have seen ( on the donnington trackday thread ) that one looks to be wider than the other.

Any advice, opinions and help greatly appreciated!

-NiM

as far as im aware lotus never made an extended roof vent, there just what people have had made so you will see a couple of different ones knocking around. The engine cover Lotus did make so people have had it copied so they should all be the same.

Nim

I’ve been told by Pheonix that the motorsports engine cover doesnt produce any greater airflow… that may or may not mean it runs cooler…

apparently the longer scoop helps - so long as the gaes have an exit… drilled out number plate mounts etc

if you want a motorsports roof with a long scoop i just happen to have one for sale – drop your email on a pm

I’ve been told by Pheonix that the motorsports engine cover doesnt produce any greater airflow…

I know it’s blowey up in Accrington, but since when has Ollie had a wind tunnel?

apparently the longer scoop helps - so long as the gaes have an exit…

What have MX5s got to do with it?

if you want a motorsports roof with a long scoop i just happen to have one for sale – drop your email on a pm

A true salesman.

i sell the roofs for �450 and engine covers for �225 to.

Chris

You S1 Roof - Is it a copy of the Exige one, I mean if want to trim it the same as a standard roof its possible and all fixing points are identical ??

This is mine. It was done by Plans Motorsport for the previous owner. It is fully blended in, no join lines. It’s an impressive job.

[image]SELOC | Lotus Enthusiasts Club

[image]SELOC | Lotus Enthusiasts Club

Thanks for all the replies guys, I have been out of the country or would have posted sooner.

I have decided to go for the extended roof and the motorsport rear clam.

Neil your car looks really great which is a good sign as Plans are actually making up, fitting and blending the parts for me as part of some expected and unfortunately unexpected work! ( They are making up a wider scoop as I prefer it )

As well as the usual K cooling problems I have some custom motor/hydraulic work in the back of the car that the addition of the wider roof scoop airflow and the swiss cheese rear will hopefully help to keep cool!

-NiM