Congratulations To Russ T & Matt Cummings

Well Done to Both for finishing in 3rd place in the 30 minute endurance race at Pembrey on Sunday. Matt had invited Russ to share his 300Bhp Audi Turbo engined Exige for the race, As Russ was unable to enter his own car for the Mid Engined Race. (due to we all know why!) The Race Started in a small shower of rain and had to be restarted after a first corner inscident. Thankfully behind Matt Cummings who shot the car off the line from third place and passed the 2nd place Noble. For the Restart the track was a little damper and the Audi Exige had a little more wheel spin off the line, But didn’t loose a place. After a faultless (and very quick) pit stop and driver change Russ kept the 4th place dirver behind him to finish in a very satisfying 3rd place. Well done also to Matt who finished in 4th place in the Mid engined race, Despite suffering from a bad missfire.

keeping up exiges.com

congratulations to Matt and Russ…

Well done chaps!

So what’d ya make of the Audi then Russ?

Ian

Yeah good drive by Matt and Russ. The misfire turned out to be due to running lean because of a blocked fuel filter and/or pump. Now runs like a good 'un again.

Interested in what you thought of it Russ, did you think the handling was affected by the extra weight ?

Bernard

Interested in what you thought of it Russ, did you think the handling was affected by the extra weight ?

Russ’s extra weight over Matt’s, certainly seemed to affect the handling

Well done also to Steve Hibbert (aka Azreal)

Special thanks to Steve & his “team”, for the splendid lunchtime hospitality - I’m getting very fond of your mum’s butter cream/sponge cake

Yes, well done all round. Didn’t know you were having a shared outing Russ. Was planning to come down on the bike Sunday but kyboshed it when that that must not be mentioned happened.
Jay(3 weeks to go)Cee.

Special thanks to Steve & his “team”, for the splendid lunchtime hospitality - I’m getting very fond of your mum’s butter cream/sponge cake

Ya old love bird ya…

Well done chaps!

So what’d ya make of the Audi then Russ?

Ian

It is F quick, with a capital F.

It requires a different driving style, I had to stop myself revving the nuts off it (sorry Matt!) and remember to change up at 6k, and be in the right gear. It is a bit like you are “whooshing” everywhere - being pushed along by a giant turbine rather than an internal combustion engine. It sounds great, chirruping away in your ear, more of a rally car soundtrack. I was glad it has a slippy diff, the car really flies out of the slow corners but is easy to modulate through the quickies. All around top car, it went a lot quicker than I could make it go, and thanks again Matt.

Bernard

Bernard, my car still weighs well over the odds for a race car, as it has not been on a diet yet. With extra roll cage, extinguisher etc., it weighs 780 kg, so I am not in a position to comment on that, as Matts is much lighter than mine. All I can say is that the car handles really nicely and is user friendly through the quick stuff, which is what you want when driving a car in anger for the first time. It also does Mega powerslides out of the hairpin!

I was doing the timing, and I have to say that Russ was only a couple of seconds a lap off Matt’s times, and he was also very consistent… the sign of a good driver…

With more time behind the wheel I am sure that he would continue to improve his relative times !!!

Awww, go on Mike

Well done Matt and Russ

So … is this the start of a beautifull relationship … endurance racing wise