Competition pads

Fitted from new and awesome to use.What started as a light ticking when off the pedal after braking has now become a clatter which stops immediately I retouch the pedal.Should I worry or gun it so I can’t here them anymore???

quote:What started as a light ticking when off the pedal after braking has now become a clatter which stops immediately I retouch the pedal.You’re missing the backing pads. The noise you can hear is the pads rattling in the callipers, which is why it stops the moment you touch the pedal. They don’t cost much, but it depends if you want to take your pads out again.

They were fitted on the PDI. Should the dealer have fitted them or should I have specified them??Thanks for the quick responseMike

quote:Should the dealer have fitted them or should I have specified them??I don’t want to get your dealer into hot water, but they should have fitted them (but don’t quote me on that! [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/wink.gif[/image]). If you speak to them nicely, the may fit them FOC under the circumstances.

Hi,I posted exactly the same question to the Lotus Club bulletin board and Nick Adams in particular, his response was something along the lines of ‘they were meant to be a loose fit to help with brake cooling, NVH isn’t an issue with the motorsport cars’. Apparently the backing pads can come off if used in anger on the track.I agree though that it sounds worrying at first but you do get used to it!!!