Coloured wheels

Hiya all…

OK the Exige is nearly back… Has taken a while but last I saw it was looking “proper bo I tell thee!”

I may be able to also get my wheels refurbed in the process so have been asked if I’d like 'em a different colour…

My car is silver (of new Ali or whatever… Yes yes yes, boring! But never had a silver car, was tempted by the dark blue but already had a dark blue car )… Anyway…

Has anyone got any pictures of any exiges with different coloured wheels (The RimStock jobbies)…

My current thinking is a gloss black, the satin and matt just look like they’re covered in brake dust all the time… As opposed to actually being covered in brake dust all the time.

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated

Could you get the wheels chromed ?

That would certainly look different and stylish too, though you might find yourself forever cleaning them !!

For what it’s worth, I have just re-powder coated mine … satin black!.

What can I do, I like black best!

What does that cost ??

Mark

JohnO had the wheels on his new ali Exige painted “Anthracite”, & jolly nice they were too

This obviously isn’t John’car, but…

[image]http://www.tvrfreak.com/Albums/Trips/2002%2001%20Lotus%20Motorsport/DSC02336.JPG[/image]

And another Here

It was 40 quid each wheel up here.
That includes acid-dipping (for all the shite), sandblasting (to remove the old powder-coating and get to the bare alloy), detailing (if there were scratches in the alloy) and powder-coating.

Thay look like new!
All the recesses are perfectly covered, and even the wheel bed!

I could have chosen any colour, metallic, flat, combos.
There must be good ones down there.

That Antracite looks pretty good… I’m think it’s need to just off of black to look good on the silver, silver with silver just looks a bit poncy IMHO

But maybe a darker Antracite…

I have had mine done, qlthough not a diff colour just “slightly” shiny… Can send Pics if required ???

You can get metallic black…

Met Black sounds good… The Seloc bunch have been saying Black Chrome:

[image]http://www.wheelrefurbishing.com/images/puma.jpg[/image]

But then I do like Graphite Chrome:

[image]aerocoat.net

I have had mine done, qlthough not a diff colour just “slightly” shiny… Can send Pics if required ???

Please do! Email me mark dot mailer at m-theory dot co dot uk

I vote Graphite Chrome or Pesky’s Anthracite.

The Motorsport Rimstock’s for the Elise use to be a bit more glossy (black).

There was always the white ones that were made for the Cyan one!

Ian

White wheels… In Essex… You’re having a laff

Ah wheels - pics very nice (particularly the second one’s).

Anyone got pictures of the Mk2 alternative wheels (the “14-spoke lightweight forged aluminium alloy wheels with Ice Silver finish”). Haven’t seen them close up but did see them on a graphite grey car on a trailer going through Dundee about 6 weeks ago with normal black types stored on a rack on trailer, Anyone know who’s car this is?

We’ve got the black jobs on Graphite Grey car which do look rather nice but maybe an alternative would be nice - if the other half would agree to spend even more money, any ideas for convincing her? It’s her day to day car but new wheels might just be a bridge too far!! Can’t see why

Mark

JohnO had the wheels on his new ali Exige painted “Anthracite”, & jolly nice they were too

This obviously isn’t John’car, but…

[image]> http://www.tvrfreak.com/Albums/Trips/2002%2001%20Lotus%20Motorsport/DSC02336.JPG> [/image]

And another > Here >

Does anyone know WHAT wheel that is on the CO Exige? It’s obviously not the rimstock… There must be other wheels that fit without the hub adaptors…

In fact as the hub is off an MGF then anything that’d fit that would fit (if the right offset and width)…

Just thinking it may be nice to have a cheaper set of wheels for the road.

Graphite chrome !