Colour match on a Motorsport Engine Cover!

Escaper

I presume you got the glass fibre jobbie, not the carbon one?

And I didnt tell you about the set of Rimstocks and Yokos that ive just bought from Plans Motorsport…another 2k! OUCH!!!

You finally did it? Good, I can get emotional closure on that now!!

And I didnt tell you about the set of Rimstocks and Yokos that ive just bought from Plans Motorsport…another 2k! OUCH!!!

You finally did it? Good, I can get emotional closure on that now!!

Sorry Alex, should have told you sooner, I know this has been a stressful situation for you lol…now you can breathe easy, theyre being delivered on Friday!

So are you going to mod the cover to stop rain getting into the boot?

So are you going to mod the cover to stop rain getting into the boot?

Ding!!
I could make it a double skin and make it waterproof

Wouldn’t that stop the hot air in the engine bay escaping (the main reason for having the motorsport cover in the first place)?

Wouldn’t that stop the hot air in the engine bay escaping (the main reason for having the motorsport cover in the first place)?

done correctly you could make it work, so that it lets the air out but channels the water to the overflow pipe

I think Fiona and Steve’s car already has an excellent solution for that problem

Problem? What problem? Nothing wrong with the cover we have.

I’d have thought you’d be able to get a near perfect colour match from any good body shop without them having to blend elsewhere. On that basis it shouldn’t cost too much to get painted either.

Whereabouts are you, I can recommend somebody in the midlands if it’s any use?

he is in newcastle like me mate, but i agree any good coachworks should beable to give you a very very near perfect match, after all that is why you have a paint code

Cheers Nath.

Gotta be worth finding somebody a bit closer to home then.