CLUTCH RECCOMMENDATIONS ?

Did you see my post above?

There is someone who makes an off the shelf lightened and balanced item to go with this clutch set up. it isn’t cheap

Did you get a idea of costs for the clutch and the flywheel?

Hi Uldis,

Yes I did, It was because of your post that i phoned them !! I was just relaying an out loud thanks…
" Thanks “”

As i said they were very helpful, and i have not got a full price as yet due to the fact that someone else makes the flywheels and as soon as i get the info on this i will post it.

I am however going to persue the Rover upgraded clutch route as i probably intend to do an engine conversion over the winter and so every bit of cash saved will be money towards the swap…

Sorry, I still think you’re talking about the Super Clutch, and I’m meaning this post where I talk about the Moto Build:

Maybe, see the the > Moto Build site> , about 1/4 of the wy down.

They say they have found something lke you say, in the Rover catalog that is stronger than the AP one.
Much less than going for a Super Clutch.

Could be worth a try?

Sorry if you already saw and disregarded it.

Hi Uldis, YES I did see that post and had already looked into it. The uprated rover item is still probably aimed more at the 160 outputs not the high torque of the TT conversions. However I have since sourced a Unipart 3 pce clutch kit for a Meastro (�60) and fitted that.

It went in OK and I am at present running it in, the pedal is heavier than the normal clutch and bite is a bit sharper but it seems fine on the road and is very drivable. the test will be when it’s bedded in how much standing start abuse it will take. So i will let you know. My car was dyno’d recently with 216 ft/lb torque so it will definitely test it !

I retract all of my statements about the AP clutch, following mine blowing itself to bits yesterday. lol

Dodgy AP crap. lol

Sean…

Sorry to hear about your AP Clutch !!

I have been out all day in this fantastic weather testing the new clutch out it seems to be holding up well with even the most agressive starts not producing a wiff of clutch smell- BUT it’s early days yet !!

I retract all of my statements about the AP clutch, following mine blowing itself to bits yesterday. lol

Dodgy AP crap. lol

Sean…

pmsl, Sean, to be fair it hasn’t had the easiest life

pmsl, Sean, to be fair it hasn’t had the easiest life

Did he buy it from you then?

Lol, fortunately not