CL5+ Pads

Steve - not yet. However, I got some in the “shiny kit” I bought with the “Juke”, so I’ll give it a try - thanks for the suggestion, wise bearded one! :smiley:

I use poor boys wheel sealant, seems to work very well, even after 2 days on track and the baked on dust didn’t take too much elbow grease to shift :slight_smile:

fecking Belgians!!!

Was thinking of somthing like this, that seems to be a market leader or just gets lots of mentions:

Replaced the CLs with PFs - many thanks John for delivering same :slight_smile:

Cleared the CL crap/deposits off the disks with a Halfords Abrasive Pad & Emery Cloth. Massive difference in stopping power :sunglasses:

Bad news is that the original fuel pump in tank, appears to have packed up whilst I was out bedding in the new pads. Fortunately the car came to a halt just 1/2 mile from Chez Pesky, so quickly got it towed back with help from No1 son.

Not good reading, i have only read rave reviews for CL pads which helped me decide on Friday to fit a front set of rc6. After driving over the last 3 days I have to say so far so good. The RS14’s had left slight ripples over the disk surface but now this has gone. Compared to the RS14’s I think the initial bite is better and under heavy braking they seem smoother and require less effort on the pedal. Looking forward to getting on track to see any additional performance.

Haven’t tried PF yet, how do they compare to other manufacturers?

Hey that is bad luck.

Straight swap for a new one or time to upgrade?

Rob,

I had the exact same sympton at Anglesey a few years ago, turned out it was the connector behind the seats for the pump that had corroded …

You never know … it may be that easy …

Cheers Andy - it was indeed that easy!

However, big thanks to Martin Edwards for his help too. I phoned Martin & he guided me through a few things to check - the final one being the plug mentioned by Andy. Gave it a good wiggle (technical term), & hey presto! :smiley:

be very careful with CL6 pads they can be very abrasive on the discs and trash your wheels to the point where you have to get them refurbed because they wont clean.
When i complained to CL they said the pad is designed for track use not road.
Keep checking them !

interesting reading. i’ve been getting strong recommendations on the cl6 as a move from the rs42 that i’ve used pretty much exclusively on the car. i’m not mad on the idea of wrecking my wheels and changing discs any more than i need to so i think i’ll stick with the pagids - at least i know them pretty well at this stage.

That’s exactly what I’m thinking with the RS14s…

After cleaning up & fitting the PFs:

Can we have a close up of all the dust on your wheels too! :smiley:

Here ya go flyboy :wink:

Well when you say dust…when it wet I think the word clag is a better description.

Any opinions on where is the best place to get performance friction Pads at the mo? A google doesn’t reveal many retailers

Mikey - JSR are the boyz! :wink:

JSR :slight_smile:

Cool will give them a bell, I am using the Mintex F2R’s at the mo they are great pads but I can’t get the rear 1s any more and the pf097 seem to be the most similar…

Is anybody using PF’s on standard calipers, if so please give an insight into what I would likely expect, perhaps compared to RS14 and CL5+

And is the dust an ongoing problem or just when new?

Cheers

New Ian, but use 4 pots