Cheapest Extended Roof Scoop

Personally it’s not the look for me, it is the weight saving, if it fits well enough I’ll just get it carbon wrapped, the weight saving is huge for the cash

how much are the roof seals you would need for this tho? And are they easily obtainable?

Yep they are off the shelf at Lotus, I think from memory �70ish pound each side.

very tempting actually, is the roof taken from the same mould as a Lotus Cup Roof? I’ve seen a few roof scoop options but some of them look crap and fake compared to the Lotus roof which retails at �1700!

I wouldn’t be surprised if that roof flexes, makes cabin very noisy, & possibly leaks a bit. No probs for a racecar/dedicated trackcar, but…

I may well be wrong, but after seeing “similar” on some of the S1 Elise LOT racecars…

I agree with Mr P.

It is me that has got one

Ade very very light 2kgs !! Its single skin. Have to say very good finish on the outside surface

Mr P correct flexes and probably will leak but as you say on a race car (and thats what mine is) ideal need to get as much weigh off as possible.

Now need to work out how to attach it as no mouting points what soever

[quote=Balboa]It is me that has got one

Ade very very light 2kgs !!

Now need to work out how to attach it as no mouting points what soever [/quote]

Great it is, but no mounting points is a big worry, why could they not have put in captive bolts for the standard fitment?
Oh well off to look for something else, I do not have the time or inclanation to make mounts :frowning:

[quote=ade][quote=Balboa]It is me that has got one

Ade very very light 2kgs !!

Now need to work out how to attach it as no mouting points what soever [/quote]

Great it is, but no mounting points is a big worry, why could they not have put in captive bolts for the standard fitment?
Oh well off to look for something else, I do not have the time or inclanation to make mounts :frowning: [/quote]

Ade

see this link of post from earlier in the year
http://www.exiges.com/ubbz/ubbz/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=133684&Searchpage=1&Main=13167&Words=balboa&Search=true#Post133684

This roof is now surplus to my requirments. It is an original roof with Reverie Glassfibre scoop blended in. Much lighter that the standard roof as I have removed the inner skin, but reatained original front mounting points and fabricated new rears to locate in orginal rear mounts. Yours for �300 notes ?

That sound good, I know CN’s have been looking at doing something (am am guessing is) similair, taking a cup roof mold and bonding on. However I doubt they could match that price.

Boothy

Really interested in this, where do you live? I’d like to come and look.

Really interested in this, where do you live? I’d like to come and look.[/quote]

Ade
Unfortunately miles away from you in Worcester. I do however get down to the London area quite regularly and have just started working with a new customer in Hatfield so could meet up next time I’m down with them. Will ping you a pm when I know when I’m down next ok ?

Yes sounds a good plan, do you have any other pictures of the roof you could email me?

That sounds like a great deal. I’m very interested. Anybody got pics?

Bloody hell Brendan where have you been hiding?

Oh, I’m never far away. I’ve just been a bit quiet for a while. Thanks for noticing :slight_smile: I guess it’s down to my switch to the S2. I’m not spending a fraction of the time fixing and modifying it, so I haven’t got so much to say on here.

brendan, who do you speak to, to get the extension on the roof am very interested :smiley: does that also include painted?

I think you should address those question to Blacktoy :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone got any pictures of the Sincs modded roof??

“NO Weather Seals Or Headlining” it says in the ad!

So pointless for a road car then, who needs a leaky car that sounds like a drum inside… might as well buy an S1 :slight_smile: