Cheap S1??

This looks like a reasonable deal?

How much would a new VHPD cost if this one was near the end of its life?

Minty

Sold and being collected this weekend!

Did you buy it?

Looks good - post some pics and let us know the condition.

I’m interested too see what 14k gets you for an S1 Exige.

I very nearly enquired myself - the ads already gone!

Minty

It has all bills and receipts /MOTs from day one, and a service book with 11 stamps. Looks very clean in the photos.

Even if it explodes on the way home it will be a good honda base car which is what its going to become just maybe sooner than planned if it does go bang on the way back north .

My wife would of cut parts of me off if I bought a car without seeing it

Honda switch looks a good option like you say , post some pics when you get it home please.

Minty

i wouldn’t buy a car without seeing it either, i guess you better have your fingers crossed that it hasn’t been damaged etc

if the engine is fcuked you would be just as well to buy the one for �16500 on half the milage and change the engine on that cos you’d get nearly the �2000 back by selling the vhpd engine and box. I bet the one for �16500 would come down a fair amount to, i would have a guess you’ve paid the asking price for that �14500 one?

it wasnt 14500. Say the engine goes pop in the 16500 one, then where would i be?! The 16500 one was not coming down and this one is the colour I was after.

whats better than a titanium s1 exige? 2 of them

how much did you get it for then? im not saying the �16500 one is really good i was just using it as an example, without seeing the car i just cant see how you can say its cheap. On 60000 plus id say thats about what it would fetch if in good condition. If it is in good condition then its not a bad buy mate, you’ll have to let us know once you have seen it. I paid �16000 for the red one i had on 30000 over 2 years ago, it does show that exiges are holding there prices though.

14k, the other one was 15,5k on 33kmiles and just been rebuilt.

Exiges are going up in value, you cannot find a cheaper donor car unless its a re-bodied elise.

low milage standard cars will hold there money well im not so sure about engine converted cars though, thats why im just putting the exige clams on my Audi elise. My Audi elise with exiges panels and speedlines etc has only cost me about �14000.

Two s1 exiges is just greedy.

Jealous??? Noooo. Not me!!

yours sincerely

Pinocchio

If it is in really poor condition or has major issues, it wont be getting bought simple as. But if its straight and clean enough then at the money its not a bad deal.

With un-rebuilt and tracked cars at �16500 it looks good to me.

Bro is flying down to see it and (pending a good look round it) bring it home this afternoon… watch this space

Exiges are going up in value, you cannot find a cheaper donor car unless its a re-bodied elise. [/quote]

Yes but a re-bodied Elise is still an Elise… not an original Exige!

Exiges are going up in value, you cannot find a cheaper donor car unless its a re-bodied elise.

Yes but a re-bodied Elise is still an Elise… not an original Exige! [/quote]

Err, that was the point - this way its not a mongrel!

an exige with an engine conversion is a mongrel so if thats your plan it might aswel be a rebodied elise.

Not sure what is trying to be justified here but here goes;

an exige with an engine conversion is a mongrel so if thats your plan it might aswel be a rebodied elise.

Elise - �8k. Clams and getting them to glasgow �2.5k Wheels �1k Paint �2k labour to bolt it together �500 at a guess?

This is much, much easier. And it wont be getting made into a honda one for a while yet (i.e. after summer and trackdays using the K) and it will be getting used as a daily driver til then.

Its currently on the M1 on its way north, all checked out fine and is in better nick than hoped, and has mega paperwork from day one. Wave if you see him!

But if the conversion is done properly it is 100% reversible anyway, should the prices of original cars go through the roof.

Dan@JPS

Its currently on the M1 on its way north, all checked out fine and is in better nick than hoped, and has mega paperwork from day one. Wave if you see him! [/quote]

Sounds like you got a GREAT deal mate! Along with all that paperwork did you get any snow chains!

Im back!! (jjs bro here)

I endured, snow, rain, sunshine oh and a nice few sprints with a guy in a Black SLR roadster, awesome!

The car is in much better condition than I anticipated, it has a few niggles which need seen to but nothing that cant be fixed. 4 new tyres, tight suspension and steering, pulls very very well right through the revs and didnt use a drop of oil as far as I can tell!

It will be treated to a full service in the near future and possibly a 190 kit.

to say im chuffed is an understatement!