Cheap Exige - well no, actually

Just so you guys don’t work yourself up into a froth, the Exige advertised on Autotrader for �13,995 is actually an Elise.

Don’t ask how I know… I just do, OK

can anyone tell what price for a average 2000-2002 exige in good condition is likely to be?

cant wait much longer

i reckon within 1 or 2 k, you’ll be expecting to pay �20k for an S1…

Funnily enough i was chatting to my dealer about prices the other day and he reckons the cheapest he has heard of was �15k for a rough one that needed �2k spending before it would be put on forecourt for something like �20k-�22k

I just bought my monster standard 177HP for a tad over 17k privately. This was with 36k on th clock and it’s big C service just completed/new screen/12months tax and MOT good/nearly new 048’s/Lotus SS sports zaust/decat pipe/carbon air box. All I needed was a new battery �38.00 lucas as it was still on the original. A few expected chips on the front clam and thats it. It’s risk buying them cheap but you try and sell one privately for what a dealer want’s and you will be 3-4k off the mark - ie under! There was a nice looking silver motorsport trimmed one on the trader a couple of weeks back. I would have looked at that if the current deal had fallen through.

ta

Simon

ps in fact here it is - I have had an email conversation with the owner and he sent me a few photos -
LOTUS Exige 2dr Roadster
2001 LOTUS EXIGE, SILVER, EXCELLENT CONDITION, RACE HARNESSES, FULL SERVICE HISTORY, E-MAIL FOR MORE INFO. 33000 miles. �17695.