Change of second car for 2005??

That’s very nice! (but I’ll have to paint it in something different , and change curtains

Here ya go fella, something a bit like this huh?

Here ya go fella, something a bit > like this > huh?

Purfick

looks like a bargain for the price…

what about respray in Chrome Orange or Scandal Green ?

Oh jeez I was just going to be bed,…gotta work tomorrow

Ho hum here you go . I’m not driving it if it looks like that tho

NICE!

Mean while back at the original purpose of the thread - considered a TVR? (can open, worms everywhere!)

Ian

or a Nissan 350 Z ?

Nice car with style in spades, beatifull 3.5 V6 Engine,
A chassis that very close to perfection (or so they say in EVO).
You have some space behind the seats.

You could always consider the following cars as well :
Saab 9-3 Aero (FWD, but loads of fun)
Vovlo S60 R (FWD, but 300 BHP to go…)

Outgoing version of BMW M5 (some recent cars can be had for your budget). EVO did a buying-guide about a year ago I think on this car.

Actually, just check out the mag (or http://www.evo.co.uk) and you’ll find any info and very similar Q&A there.

GReetz,

S.

NO and don’t go there,…they still have over a grand of my hard-earned for a Tamora order - lets just say “Tamora Never Came” The only means of payment I take to Motorshows now is enough cash for lunch

That reminds me to write them a letter now they are under new management.

Oh jeez I was just going to be bed,…gotta work tomorrow

Ho hum > here you go > . I’m not driving it if it looks like that tho

LOL…

New Ford Mustang? Corvette?

Personally I think Shamikaze may have it with the 350Z.

Ian

Benja

Out of interest what’s the Lupo Gti like ? i mean in terms of being a boy racer and handling/performance etc compared with other stuff like 106, clio, toyota, saxo, honda, corsa etc etc… but also what’s it like to live with ?

The LupoGTi is proper neat and pretty rare as well I used to have a 106GTi and it feels like a more grown up version of that. The 106 was very flimsy but with wonderful handling and a really fizzy motor. The Lupo feels much more solid and grunty low down. It also has great Xenon lights (make you realise how miserable the Exige ones are), aircon (that works), heated seats, snickety 6speed box etc etc. Handling wise it is OK in a lurid understeery boy racer kinda way (both the 106 and the Lupo both eat front tyres at an alarming rate). It just feels well screwed together and chuckable in the mould of the original Golf GTi. Round London though it is right at home and the combination of its pace and diminuative size make it hard to beat,…why I am I thinking of chopping it in again

Do you wanna buy it Rox,…one careful owner and all that

Personally I think Shamikaze

For those who wonder,
Shamikaze is a “acronym” of my company user-id and my behaviour in sports :
shamerli and kamikaze

In my profile you can read all the other details…

GReetz,

S.

Do you wanna buy it Rox,…one careful owner and all that

mmm well… actually, i’m under pressure to get something more practical for ferrying two 4 year olds around in… and I have been looking around (tentatively) at all those mini gti things… last night i got a Lupo brochure and searched Autotrader to find this interesting little tyke

so in answer yes i might well be interested…

Rox, I recently had a 182 (with Cup suspension pack) and thought it was a great handling hatch whilst still keeping a very supple ride. Build quality was fine too and everything well laid out. Driving position ain’t the best though but you get used to that. A used one with 10k miles should be about �9k plus.

I think the earlier 172 Cup (all met blue) has similar set-up bar (revised steering rack, etc) but weighs a bit less so might be best going for that and saving a few bob - from around �6k.

I sold it in the end cos I was missing an engine with reserves of grunt at motorway speeds so replaced with sensible saloon and V8 Twin turbo power (Audi RS6). The Clio handled better though.

cheers Ally

how are you ? haven’t heard from you for a wee while…

i have been thinking of the clio as well… so did you just have one of those since the GT3 etc… ?

Good to hear from you Ally. I was beginning to worry you’d fallen on hard times reading about a Clio, but you caught up a the end of your post!

Rox, if you’re heading into the sub-�5k arena check out the Puma. Good handling and cheap to run.

Ian

will do IDG… never really liked Fords much even tho’ they always do what they say on the tin… i’ll have a look at the Puma tho’ because i’d prefer to stay down in the 5k region but can go more…

Rox, sold the GT3 a few months back and got bored of the Evo 7 so decided to get sommat fun to drive but cheap, discreet hassle free to run.

Ian, nah not down yet, was just trying to be a bit more sensible with the Clio but didn’t last long. Still planning to sell Radical this year cos a bit bored with Knockhill layout…and getting soaked driving there/back. Probably going to sell the RS6 and buy a Noble M400, Exige S2 or early Gallardo (if the prices dip for used ones) but maybe not til 2006 cos I need sommat more practical meanwhile.

All the best guys.

Ally, me old tea pot, good to hear from ya…
still living in the same place?
all under control here
hope the same with you
laters,
Bruno

all under control here

Who are you trying to kid, me Old Cuckoo Clock

Happy New Year, Matey