Castor shims

Having done a wishbone refurb and fitted some wishbone bearings from HPE Dan.

Now, how in (place you favorite swearing here) do you fit all of the castor shims?

The bearing collets must be a bit wider than the OE bushings since it was a “mallet” fit at the rear end.

Anyone else having a similar experience?

Yes it’s a pain, I seem to remember having to gently tap mine in with a screwdriver and hammer, once they holes are just about in position you can ram a screwdriver where the wishbone bolt should go and wiggle them into position.

Where multiple are required I also smeared a small trace of contact adhesive between the shims just to keep them together long enough…

Ok, so tapped into place at the rear.
But it looks like the nut is fouling the rack gaitor.
Please rotate head 90° CCW.

The engineers seem to not think about how people are gonna fix it after the car leaves the factory.

Bolt should be the other way round in that location, The head is shallower and misses the rack boot

There is carbonfibre wrap / taper over that chassis?

Yes, I did turn the bolt around. Cap heads still rub the gaitor but at least there are no sharp edges.

I don’t believe that should be a caphead. Normal hex if I remember rightly, which has better clearance.

Yes. Just did them for fun.

Correct, should be a hex head bolt. Not sure how youd even be able to get 45Nm torque on that with the gaiter in the way.