Cars film… (non-lotus content)

I�ve seen some pretty cool car films in my time, �Gone in 60 Seconds�, �Le Mans�, the car chases in �Ronin� and �The Bourne Identity�, even shorts like the �BMW films� and �c’etait un rendezvous�. But you know what, I�ve just watched Disney�s �Cars�, and that may well just be my favourite, such a sweet film, and the detail was just so damn cool.

You lads have gotta see this, even if you need to pretend that you rented it for your kids … What a great film .

David

I�ve seen some pretty cool car films in my time,

David

All 16.35 years of it

All 16.35 years of it

LOL, how the hell do you do that!
Should I be scared .

David

All 16.35 years of it

LOL, how the hell do you do that!
Should I be scared .
David

Well Pesky has the same age figures, I’m just not telling you which order they’re in

Or where the decimal point is

No Bullitt, no French Connection and No Italian Job in your car chase titles

Or Chitty chitty bang bang

Or what about Genevieve!!!

David I can’t believe you left these guys out:

[image]http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geunWdGeBFwmkB1yRWBQx./SIG=121615672/EXP=1172400925/**http%3A//www.jalopnik.com/cars/dom_and_burt.jpg[/image]

The Cannonball Run is one of the most exceptional documentaries ever made…

On a serious not get the original ‘Gone in 60 seconds’ the car chase is huge! No crap special effects and flying cars like the new one either. Rant over.

What about Herbie?

The Cannonball Run is one of the most exceptional documentaries ever made…

Nah, it�s a good film no doubt, but I�ve never really been a big fan of 80�s film/TV (expect for Miami Vice, that was bloody awesome).

The Italian Job (1969) however, that�s just pure class, I mean the Miura in the Alps, with Matt Monro playing in the background, it�s just one of the all time great bits of cinema, god I love that film, in fact I�m gonna go watch it now, well, at least the start .

David

Does anyone remember The Tortoise and the Hare? It was a promotional film by Pirelli tyres. It involved an E type Jaguar and an artic lorry travaling down the Autostrada del Sol in Italy. Can a copy be obtained any where?

It may be worth giving You Tube a try, or maybe Google Video

I�ve only ever seen two Pirelli films, one with John Malkovich and a possessed TVR, and the other with Uma Thurman and a Lambo, the latter was better than the first, but in my opinion neither came close to the �The Hire� films by BMW .

That said, all of them were better than those shitty ones Lotus put out in the summer�

Let us know if you find it .

David

I thought that the spoof movie trailer “Lucky Star” that Mercedes did a couple of years ago with Benicio Del Toro’s was a neat idea. I was completely sucked in, didn’t even realise it was a car ad.

Clicky for link
LOL, I never even knew it was a car ad �til now, in fact, I remember telling my brother that I thought we should go see it, very well done Mercedes .

Kind of a shame though, looks like a decent film…