Car won't start... sob ;)

Do you have two key fobs, The larm needs to see a rolling code form the key for before it will switch on the starter and ignition circuit. The alarm alows the fuel pump to run so ignore this.

Does the key fob arm the the alarm, if it does (ie the indicators falsh) then the problem is within the Meta unit. If the fob does not set the alarm then it could be a flat battery in the key fob, key fob is not programmed to the alarm unit, or the fob and or meta unit is in need of repair.

As this is a stage 1 alarm all of the wires should be white (I am not sure if lotus did this) so diagnosis wound need to be done further down the harness.

Let me know about the key fob opperation and I will have another think

Well, alarm is triggered by the keyfob, at the moment having reviewed several issues, I may think it’s the Meta unit that’s causing problems. I’m gonna try the shunt on the unit (like the racing boyzz to bypass it), and we’ll see…

It was definitively the immobilizer. A connector with the 2 wire loops for a few euros from my local Lotus dealer, and the beast roared again :slight_smile: