camber gauges?

hello chaps,

after some laps i have decided i need more camber to counter the understeer. so i am looking for a camber gauge.

has anyone got one they don’t want any more , or perhaps want to sell cheap, or indeed a recomendation where and what is a good deal.

i have seen the demon thieves offerings, and a few others but i can remember from somewhere a nice black triangle thingy which cost about 80 quid but i cannot find it any more.

your comments are greatfully received.

mitch.

I dont know about the exige cos ive never looked but on my ols s2 elise there wee shims on the suspension which can be removed. As long as you remove the same thickness on each side it will be ok. I had mine checked afterwards and it was spot on.
Gav

yeah, i thought about this route, of course there is no reason to really know the angle other than that of reference. just keep removing shims and testing the handling until it has stopped improving. but i also want to know that both sides are the same. i am sure they are but it would be nice to check.

I think I read in a book I’ve got that its really easy to make one - could dig the details out if you are interested?

Invest some money and buy a proper gauge.

[image]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i48/GeorgeLotus/th_cambergauge.jpg[/image]
You will not regret it.

SmartCamber (5" to 22" wheels) 011351: $214.95
Hands-Free Adapter 011361: $44.95
Complete with Hands-Free Adapter 011371: $259.90
Plywood Box Carrying Case 011281: $81.69

Not a cheap bit of kit though George - is it available in the UK?

Invest some money and buy a proper gauge.

[image]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i48/GeorgeLotus/th_cambergauge.jpg[/image]
You will not regret it.

i have one of them sorry George its yours

Is it available for hire Tony

looks like no other option apart from the standard fairly expensive unit. better add it to my christmas list… cheers.

Could try:

Raceparts U.K. Ltd
Unit 3, Rockford Industrial Estate
Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 9DA, U.K.
01491 - 837142
Fax 01491 - 836689
web page

or

Nimbus Motorsports
Unit A-1, Harlow Seedbed Center
Coldharbour Road, Pinnacles East
Harlow, Essex CM19 5AF, U.K.
1279 - 451607
Fax 1279 - 451606

Can buy or hire from www.twosrus.co.uk

it can be

SmartCamber (5" to 22" wheels) 011351: $214.95
Hands-Free Adapter 011361: $44.95
Complete with Hands-Free Adapter 011371: $259.90
Plywood Box Carrying Case 011281: $81.69

Not a cheap bit of kit though George - is it available in the UK?

You only need the gauge. You can use a straight aluminium bar instead of the adapter. I do have a nice carry case for all my sensitive gauges/tools, which used to be the case of a mini drill!

demon-tweeks used to sell these gauges for about �150; don’t know if they still do.
If I haven�t have the one I have, I wouldn�t mind buying one of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Inclinometer-Digital-Protractor-Angle-Finder-PRO360_W0QQitemZ330039918975QQihZ014QQcategoryZ64814QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it can be