Cam options for the VHPD

Okay, what options do I have
I have an emerald fitted and had it mapped the other day 186bhp 140 lbs/ft torque what cam can I fit to increase power and torque? I’m not really fussed about drivability on the road

For me the 1444’s gave more power, more torque and better driveability.

They require some mods to the head where the lobes don’t clear but it’s worth it.

Thanks Jason,

looks like its going to be an expensive excercise, looks like another winter project

1444’s here as well, but I understand there is a newer Piper option as well.

There are a number of other Piper offerings, but most will lift the torque higher in the RPM range than you will want it, the 1444s give a very good torque spread at attainable RPM.

Dave

Maddog,

1444 cams have been shown to produce close to 250BHP from 1800cc and at attainable RPM, if you are not rebuilding your bottom end then they would be a tried, tested and sensible choice giving a wide spread of torque.

Dave

Maddog,

Dave

…you presumably are talking about your drysumped caterhams which gain at least 8 bhp from the drysump.

most driving lotus’s - sadly - will not go to the expense of the Titan system at 1600gbp which is currently the only one generally available to elise owners.

however I repeat the point that torque does not just come from a conservative cam choice, and building a system intelligently will lift the whole torque curve.

putting a ported head down on an unaddressed bottom end is asking for a failure…dumb

simon

Did you guys hear something? …

Maddog
I’m running 1444 as well, seems it’s a popular choice.

P.S. You never got back to me about that motorsport front splitter?

Maddog,

Dave

…you presumably are talking about your drysumped caterhams which gain at least 8 bhp from the drysump.

most driving lotus’s - sadly - will not go to the expense of the Titan system at 1600gbp which is currently the only one generally available to elise owners.

however I repeat the point that torque does not just come from a conservative cam choice, and building a system intelligently will lift the whole torque curve.

putting a ported head down on an unaddressed bottom end is asking for a failure…dumb

simon

Did you guys hear something? …

Maddog
I’m running 1444 as well, seems it’s a popular choice.

P.S. You never got back to me about that motorsport front splitter?

seems like the sensible choice, I think I’ll do it when I have a bottom end to cope with it

P.S. picking up your front splitter today

seems like the sensible choice, I think I’ll do it when I have a bottom end to cope with it

Dave is this a reference to the engine or the size of your b*tt?

pmsl

surprisingly that bottom end doesn’t have a problem with more power

pmsl

That’s not what your Mrs says!! Evidently you bottom end starts to loose its balance at prolonged high RPM’s

pmsl

That’s not what your Mrs says!! Evidently you bottom end starts to loose its balance at prolonged high RPM’s

what she didn’t tell you is that its from lack of practice

Sean you have sex on the brain! Fair Play

I’m not in any way surprised, by the amount of horizontal jogging you’ve been doing lately.

new love ey!