Calling our Norwegian Brethren

I’m wondering if it would be possible to drive an exige on the roads towards the middle/end of March this year. I fancy a quick blat over there during the Easter holidays, which is quite early this year. Do you think it’s possible? I would want to drive from Bergen to Geiranger and possibly out to Alesund…

http://www.norwaydirect.co.uk/discover/driving-in-norway.asp

HTH

Thanks for the link - I’ve been to Norway a good few times before but never at this time of year and so wanted to know the realities of:

“Cars are fitted with the legally required winter tyres with metal studs between October and March.”

I guess it�s possible� We don�t have that much snow as we used to 10-15 years ago�But I wouldn�t done it. personally But it will def… been fun, with an Exige with “winter” tyres in a Blizzard�

I say go for it

Have a look at the weather forecast just before you leave, and you should be fine

“Cars are fitted with the legally required winter tyres with metal studs between October and March.”

Depends where you live� I guess it works out something like this… If your driving without on an ice-covered road, the insurance company can make a claim against you, since you didn�t use them (car accident)� But on the other hand, most pppl don�t use them, (only normal winter tyres without )… And actually some places you have to pay a tax to use these �metal studs� tyres because of the local pollution�

thanks for the info - been thinking it through some more and mabe it’s just a bit over-ambitious for thattime of the year.